Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Shipping from Cairns AU back to US
Quote | Reply
Looking for some advice post IM Cairns on getting bike shipped back to US. I'm taking bike via on plane there, but post race we're going to continue on and wife is anti-bike post race. Looking for a connection where I can drop-off and have shipped back to US.

BTW - FedEx not option, due to case size. UPS's quote was nearly $3k for one-way...hard pass.

Thanks,
John
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shipping from Cairns AU back to US [jnielsen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tell her you are anti-continue-on post race and you want to go home. Compromise by continuing on with the bike.

What is the problem with taking the bike box with you if you are the one lugging it around and not her? I don't understand. My SO would never do that to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Option 1: Buy me a return ticket from Cairns to the US and I will take your bike back. Much cheaper than $3000. :)

Option 2: Do you know any other athletes going? Perhaps pay for excess baggage for them to take your bike back.

Option 3: Pay for shipping your bike from Cairns to your final destination in Australia and take it on the plane with you. Domestic shipping would cost < $250.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shipping from Cairns AU back to US [Ironnerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There you go. Suggestion #4. Send email to race director and ask what they would suggest. If you are flying out of Cairns almost certainly someone will be willing to hold onto your bike for you. If it is somewhere else good chance someone Ozzie is willing to take you bike there. I went to Norway once and did a race at end of a weeks vacation and race director found me someone who loaned me a bike. Good thing too because the rental car they gave me wasn't big enough for my bike even though I asked for one big enough.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Last edited by: len: May 27, 17 9:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what state are you in?

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply