Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: At what point can you make fun of a Triathlete? [DV8R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DV8R wrote:
jmjtri wrote:
At what 'sucks at triathlon' to ' $ spent on gear/bike' ratio is it acceptable to make fun of a triathlete. (Behind their backs of course) For example, if you can't break 15 mph for a half bike split and you ride a FELT IA FRD, I'd say you're fair game. Thoughts?

When they look for justification on forums for a reason to make fun of other people.

And they're just not funny when doing it.
Quote Reply
Re: At what point can you make fun of a Triathlete? [jmjtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just no. Its been said already, but if some BoP biker wants to put some money down on a IA FRD dripping with Enve, then thats there business, good for them.

I pay my bills, take care of my family and work hard, I like to spend my disposable income on my bike, it makes me happy. If some dude wants to overtake on a bike course and mock me for that, there the one with the problem, not me.
Quote Reply
Re: At what point can you make fun of a Triathlete? [jmjtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I make fun of triathletes when they wear their wetsuits all the time. We have a lake out where I live. In the summer it gets over 100 deg F. Water temp is sometimes over 85 deg. Everyday we get groups of triathletes come out with their wetsuits on swimming. I would say 90% of them have wetsuits on. They show up strutting around with their chests pumped out talking loud so everyone can hear them. I just shake my head at them. I mean if you need the wetsuit because you are not a very good swimmer that is understandable. However you have no reason to think you are something great when it the water is that hot and you need a wetsuit. My wife and I have a good time making fun of them with the lifeguards. I see them wearing them to the pool now. There really is no reason for those things in the pool. You just look stupid.
Quote Reply
Re: At what point can you make fun of a Triathlete? [mvswim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
* When they mark their lane at the pool with M-Dot backpack full of toys, and laminated training plan stapled to the front?
* When they go on and on (and on) about latex tubes, short cranks, and powermeters -- for sprint or oly races?

At a recent event, I heard one guy talking about how he has read the state transportation code and thus knows it's legal for him to take up the WHOLE lane when biking, with no need to move over when possible and allow cars to pass.
I didn't make fun of him -- but I did want to smack him upside the head.
Quote Reply

Prev Next