Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hed h3 + tubless?
Quote | Reply
I am curious if the h3 + are able to go tubless like the jet + wheels?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Hed h3 + tubless? [bruno82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha I was curious about it 2 years ago. Some said it is possible because there's no spoke hole and some said not due to non-tubeless friendly bead shape. But I think it's highly probable though I didn'd try installation.

Stay home, stay healthy.
Quote Reply
Re: Hed h3 + tubless? [Peter kim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I rode mine the other day. Recommended that you wrap the rim with tape as there may be leaks at the seam. I realized this after injecting a lot of sealant. Fortunately, mine mostly sealed.

For my set up (Corsa Speed tires), i loaded quite a bit of sealant to get everything to seal properly
Quote Reply
Re: Hed h3 + tubless? [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same. I had to move the wheel in some weird ways to push the sealant into the seam on the aluminum but it's been fine once it sealed. Raced multiple times on it. Holds air way better than a tube after several weeks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've now set up 9 road wheels tubeless, 6 Aeolus TLRs of various depths, a pair of H3+s and a open mold disc. On two of the Aeolus wheels, I have set them up multiple times due to tire wear and 2 flats. I've now set up the H3+s with Pro Ones and the front with a Corsa Speed just earlier this week.

The H3+ was by far the easiest to set up. Seated on the first time each time with just a JoeBlow Booster pump - no tricks (soapy water etc) needed. And they hold air just as well as my Aeolus TLRS.

The shape/width of the Corsa Speeds seems to match up very very well with the H3+ BTW.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: Hed h3 + tubless? [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The shape/width of the Corsa Speeds seems to match up very very well with the H3+ BTW.

The internal width of the H3+ still pushes that tire to greater than 26mm which is wider than the width of the rim. It's a fast combination for sure, but with that said, I have a Conti Supersonic 20mm arriving here this weekend that I plan on racing with on the H3+ over the next couple of weeks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone!!
Quote Reply
Re: Hed h3 + tubless? [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This will be my first time trying tubeless, can you help me out with the complete set up from start to finish, I will be putting the vittoria corsa speed. Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
items needed:

tire levers (i prefer Pedro's)
dish detergent
spray bottle (atomiser works here)
sealant (i used orange seal)
tubeless tape (may be optional)
threaded valve extender
Silca tubeless valve

-thread the valve extender onto tubeless valve and install the valve. make sure to tighten the nut on the thread
-prepare mixture of 8:2 water:dish detergent and spray on the beads of the tire
-begin by putting first side of tire bead over the rim, make sure that this side covers the valve and to situate bead on center of rim
-put the other tire bead over the rim. The soap mixture should allow you to use your hand to mount the majority of the bead. Last section can be easily mounted using tire lever
-remove valve core and start pumping; you should hear the tire beads snapping in place
-disconnect the pump and add sealant. I prefer the valve to be at 3 or 9 o'clock. 3 oz should do. You may see bubbles leaking from the bead/rim interface. This is okay.
-install valve core and pump tire up to 60 psi
-bounce the wheel on the ground, and give it a few rotations. This ensures a good coating of the sealant. Pay particular attention to the seam.

and that should be it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
8:2?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
8:2?

volume of water to detergent.

bruno82 wrote:
Thanks

glad to be of help; I forgot to add why the rim tape is optional. As was mentioned somewhere (either upthread or one of the other threads on HED tubeless wheels and Vittoria tires), the rim seam isn't welded, thus creating a small fissure. Rim tape helps to cover that. From what I was told, one could just use Scotch tape along the seams to resolve any leaking. I personally added more sealant and bounced the seam against the floor to get more sealant coverage, and this appeared to have done the trick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok thanks good to know
Quote Reply