Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Montana: where men are men and politicians body slam reporters [jriosa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read the turnout was real low as well, don't know if that makes a difference in Mt.
Quote Reply
Re: Montana: where men are men and politicians body slam reporters [jriosa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never realized how small a population there is in MT. Just a little over 1 mil. And they say there is a little over 700K registered voters. Is breeding not allowed in that state?
Quote Reply
Re: Montana: where men are men and politicians body slam reporters [dvfmfidc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah it does. My area has gone democratic in other elections, but the ranchers outweighed the towns hangs down in this one. We are a bit of a swing district.
Reality is Greg should have had an easy double digit win. Although 6 to 7 sounds solid it was a weak performance here. That had issues for 2018. Depends a lot on acha and tax reform here.
i never expected him to lose, but the recent events will haunt him

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply
Re: Montana: where men are men and politicians body slam reporters [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
Looks like he won the election.

I'm ambivalent about this. We can look at it as hyperpartisanship in which literally nothing matters except party affiliation, and the Rs outnumbered the Ds (which is likely true in Montana); or we can see it as a manifestation of the Trump era of politics, in which physically assaulting a reporter from a liberal mainstream media outlet simply isn't much of a downside to the base and independents; or in the most generous interpretation, that people understand that policy implications of an election matter far more to their personal situation than does the character of the politician. I suspect it's some combination of all three.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Montana: where men are men and politicians body slam reporters [dvfmfidc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dvfmfidc wrote:
Is breeding not allowed in that state?

It's hard to get any breeding done when everybody lives 20 miles apart! Reminds me of an old joke:

Joe moves into his new house in rural Montana. A few days later, he sees a truck pull up his driveway.

"Howdy! I'm Pete, your next-door neighbor - I live about 20 miles East of here. I'm havin' a party on Saturday night and wanted to invite ya."

Joe says, "That's nice of ya. What kind of party are you havin'?"

Pete replies, "Oh, y'know, kind of your typical Saturday night shindig... There will be some drinkin' and a lot of bullshittin', some dancin', wrestlin', and fightin', and a good chance there'll be some fuckin'."

Joe replies, "Well, that sounds alright... How many people are gonna be there?"

Pete says, "Just me and you."

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Montana: where men are men and politicians body slam reporters [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:
newest tact by lefties offended by the snowflake label. Since they lack creativity they've take over the snowflake label. They sound like idiots when they use it, but it is what it is.

Candidate should have controlled his temper. Reporter, formerly with the Daily Beast and now the Guardian (unbiased and objective I'm sure) goaded the candidate by obnoxiously confronting him, by some accounts multiple times over the past several days. It worked. Candidate is an idiot for letting it get to him.

The liberal left have pumped $17 million into Montana over the past two months in an attempt to make this election close. By all accounts the Republican, not a great candidate was still going to win by close to 15%. Not what the Democratic Party want so the faux media (see Daily Beast and Guardian) took it into their own hands to create a story. It worked. Had the Republican candidate locked himself up and not talked at all the last week he would still win by 15%. Instead he gave the media their story.

i've bolded the only part of your post that matters. all the rest is waffle. an elementary school principal wouldn't accept this kind of 'he goaded me' crap. being an adult means not body slamming someone because he's 'obnoxious.'

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Montana: where men are men and politicians body slam reporters [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The worst part is during his apology speech he said, "...that is not the kind of person I am." Yes it is! I hate when people will not own the shitty part of themselves.
Quote Reply
Re: Montana: where men are men and politicians body slam reporters [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
jwbeuk wrote:

newest tact by lefties offended by the snowflake label. Since they lack creativity they've take over the snowflake label. They sound like idiots when they use it, but it is what it is.

Candidate should have controlled his temper. Reporter, formerly with the Daily Beast and now the Guardian (unbiased and objective I'm sure) goaded the candidate by obnoxiously confronting him, by some accounts multiple times over the past several days. It worked. Candidate is an idiot for letting it get to him.

The liberal left have pumped $17 million into Montana over the past two months in an attempt to make this election close. By all accounts the Republican, not a great candidate was still going to win by close to 15%. Not what the Democratic Party want so the faux media (see Daily Beast and Guardian) took it into their own hands to create a story. It worked. Had the Republican candidate locked himself up and not talked at all the last week he would still win by 15%. Instead he gave the media their story.

i've bolded the only part of your post that matters. all the rest is waffle. an elementary school principal wouldn't accept this kind of 'he goaded me' crap. being an adult means not body slamming someone because he's 'obnoxious.'

I'm always surprised by these stories when someone assaults someone and the crime they are charged with is just a misdemeanor and not a felony.
Quote Reply
Re: Montana: where men are men and politicians body slam reporters [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Travis R wrote:
dvfmfidc wrote:
Is breeding not allowed in that state?

It's hard to get any breeding done when everybody lives 20 miles apart! Reminds me of an old joke:

Joe moves into his new house in rural Montana. A few days later, he sees a truck pull up his driveway.

"Howdy! I'm Pete, your next-door neighbor - I live about 20 miles East of here. I'm havin' a party on Saturday night and wanted to invite ya."

Joe says, "That's nice of ya. What kind of party are you havin'?"

Pete replies, "Oh, y'know, kind of your typical Saturday night shindig... There will be some drinkin' and a lot of bullshittin', some dancin', wrestlin', and fightin', and a good chance there'll be some fuckin'."

Joe replies, "Well, that sounds alright... How many people are gonna be there?"

Pete says, "Just me and you."

LOL!! Heard that joke years ago but had forgot about it.
Quote Reply
Re: Montana: where men are men and politicians body slam reporters [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
dvfmfidc wrote:
Whatever dipshit. Get a sense of humor.......

And don't forget to say something to the person that called the other dude an asshole. Or is asshole more tolerable than sissy? Or is it because the other dude is repub? That makes name calling ok?

Say something funny and I'll laugh.

No you won't. dvfmfidc has been tongue and cheek the entire thread and some of us can see that. Others, deranged and demented, cannot.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Duffy [ In reply to ]
Re: Montana: where men are men and politicians body slam reporters [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Duffy wrote:
And he wins!!!!

Crickets.

We all blocked you. did you say something?
Quote Reply
Re: Montana: where men are men and politicians body slam reporters [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SailorSam wrote:
Pun_Times wrote:
If he loses the election people undoubtedly will point to this night before the election incident. Interestingly enough, there was a bill brought by a Republican senator to conduct this special election by mail in ballot as an effort to help rural counties save money. However most other republicans voted against it feeling it would give an advantage to he dems and the bill was killed. Had it passed, many voters would've already cast their ballots. Now there is a chance some of those voters will swing the other way which could cost the republicans the election. It would be a really interesting it this turns into a case of bad karma.

They may point to this and probably be partially right. They may also say that it was a referendum on Trump. Or GOP leadership. Probably all true. I know nothing about Montana but I'm excited to see how this plays out. We have been hearing a lot about how Dems have wrecked their own party over the past 8 years and the Repubs could do so much better. Let's see if the GOP agenda is as popular in practice as it is on the campaign trail. This election may be the very first hint regarding that!

So, what is your take now? Referendum on Trump/GOP?
Quote Reply
Re: Montana: where men are men and politicians body slam reporters [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Montana: where men are men and politicians body slam reporters [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
dvfmfidc wrote:
Whatever dipshit. Get a sense of humor.......

And don't forget to say something to the person that called the other dude an asshole. Or is asshole more tolerable than sissy? Or is it because the other dude is repub? That makes name calling ok?

Say something funny and I'll laugh.

No you won't. dvfmfidc has been tongue and cheek the entire thread and some of us can see that. Others, deranged and demented, cannot.

Right, the guy you agree with has been tongue and cheek. Obviously you have not read the entire thread. At least up until the point he said the guy was an ass. But of course, you haven't had an original thought in a thread ever so I wouldn't expect you to understand.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply

Prev Next