Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Enve 4.5 on Tri Bike?
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for an aero wheel set that can be used for both my tri and road bikes. I currently have a pair of Enve 8.9's that I like very much on my tri bike but they are a bit much for my road bike. I live in the midwest, so I don't do much climbing. Ideally, I could find a wheel set that is deep enough to keep my tri bike aero but would could spin up relatively fast in the flats and not feel like I'm too bogged down on climbs on my road bike.

I'm currently considering the Enve 4.5's as they would check off the boxes for my road bike. Any thoughts on their performance on a tri bike?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Enve 4.5 on Tri Bike? [ake_n_bake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're not losing very much at all speed going that direction. It's exactly what I'd do if I had a road and TT bike, and had to have just 1 wheelset. (Alternatively HED 4+ or 6+, or Zipp 404/454, or maybe FLO 45 or 60s)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ake_n_bake wrote:
Any thoughts on their performance on a tri bike?

This is slowtwitch and you did ask so I'll be the first to say why the heck would you go from 8.9s to 4.5s on your race setup? At the very least keep the back 8.9 wheel for the tri bike.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Enve 4.5 on Tri Bike? [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In a perfect world, I would keep them but realistically I can only afford to keep one set so I'm trying to figure out to kill two birds with one stone. Totally agree with you though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had to warranty my original ENVE wheels and the technical rep recommended the 4.5s on my tri bike.

100% happy with them. I haven't used them on my road bike, but at 150lbs, on my tri bike, crosswinds are no issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Enve 4.5 on Tri Bike? [bsramzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's great info. Thanks!
Quote Reply