Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone know an alternative to TRP TTV brakes?
Quote | Reply
Love my bike but absolutely hate my rear brake set up. Norcom straight with TRP TTV brakes. Always rubbing! In my frustration today I managed to break the damn thing. Before I replace it with another piece of hot trash, does anyone know of an alternative? From my complaints in the past someone mentioned a plate that I might be able to get to mount ultegra brakes, but I can't find the info. Please someone know of another option.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know an alternative to TRP TTV brakes? [rjrankin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Following this thread, but check out the Fourier brakes that giant comissioned as a replacment for their aero road bike.

Train hard to Race harder

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" - Pre
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know an alternative to TRP TTV brakes? [ttoc6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks I've seen them but hoping to find an option that isn't $350
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rjrankin wrote:
Love my bike but absolutely hate my rear brake set up. Norcom straight with TRP TTV brakes. Always rubbing! In my frustration today I managed to break the damn thing. Before I replace it with another piece of hot trash, does anyone know of an alternative? From my complaints in the past someone mentioned a plate that I might be able to get to mount ultegra brakes, but I can't find the info. Please someone know of another option.

Have these on my Wilier front and rear and hate them, my next bike will probably be the Canyon CF with regular direct mount brakes, can eventually put TriRig Omegas on it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fouriers wint work. Made for giant soec which trp now makes called ttv road. Different bolt spacing. This brakes is on argon 18,etc.

However in developing the new brake they updated original ttv. It was originally coil spring but new is linear spring. Which version is on your bike.

Linear spring is better than original but unfortunately not as good as their new direct mount t861.

I live 10 Min from trp taiwan factory/office. So make frequently stops in for culprit needs.

Ask and ill try to get answers.

Joshua
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the TRP TTV brakes on my Ordu and have been frustrated with them also. I usually can get them to work sufficiently, by cleaning and lubing them.

I tried to order a set of the new ones, but they only come in one style (left hand cable?) and mine are the opposite.

Fortunately, Orbea made an adapter for the Ordu to mount direct mount brakes, so I will be converting to Dura-Ace direct mounts soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know an alternative to TRP TTV brakes? [TriguyBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriguyBlue wrote:
rjrankin wrote:

Have these on my Wilier front and rear and hate them, my next bike will probably be the Canyon CF with regular direct mount brakes, can eventually put TriRig Omegas on it.

Same damn brake son my Wilier as well. Can't stand them. Always rubbing.

Definitely following this thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know an alternative to TRP TTV brakes? [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's my only complaint with my Argon 18 Nitrogen Pro. The brakes are good for the first few months but once they are broken in or when they become contaminated, they don't have a high enough spring tension to fully open back up. I don't mind pulling on rear cable housing to open the brake after I use it, but the front can be a bit more of a delicate situation. At this point I have 1 choice for brakes that I know of but when another option comes to market, I will be taking a look at those.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Anyone know an alternative to TRP TTV brakes?

Quote:
Please someone know of another option.

I upgraded from TRP TTV brakes to TriRig Omegas by buying a new bike frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To the OP. I too was frustrated with the original TTV brakes on my Norcom. I upgraded to the linear spring version recently and it's been a vast improvement. It seems to accommodate wider rims better too.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know an alternative to TRP TTV brakes? [SLOWDT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you link me to them please so I get the correct ones and not these coil spring ones again. Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought them from Chainreaction here.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/trp-ttv-aero-tt-brake/rp-prod150549

One way you can check to see if it's the linear spring version is the adjustment bolt location. On the old version the bolt is on the side. On the new version the bolt is at the bottom.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's helpful. Mine are the older version I guess. Adjustment bolt is on the side near the top. That's also what I broke.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know an alternative to TRP TTV brakes? [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply. The ones I broke are the coil spring setup. I dropped it off at the mechanic and he's going to see if he can rig a way to mount literally any other brake before I buy the linear version to replace it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Guys,

I know this is an old thread, but just to confirm are these the newer linear spring TTV brakes include in the picture?

Also, I know people have had issues setting these up I'm curious as to which brake levers you were using? I've got similar issues trying to get them working with some Dura Ace TT levers. I have been looking on the TRP website and that would seem to suggest that these require a specific brake lever like the TTLVR (https://www.trpcycling.com/product/ttlvr/). Does anyone have any experience of using these levers with them do they work better with these levers? Do they have a different cable pull ratio than the Dura Ace?

Many thanks

Tom

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know an alternative to TRP TTV brakes? [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know this is an old thread, but I am borderline desperate...

I too have an Orbea with a TRP TTV rear brake. I Googled for hours to try and find a TTV to direct mount adapter but was unsuccessful.

Can you please share the details of where you found the adapter?

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know an alternative to TRP TTV brakes? [waxtell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was on the spare parts list on their web page (which I cannot access from work).

I got mine from calling Orbea customer support directly. Also ask for the new fairing while you are at it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you thank you thank you!

Hopefully I have better luck this time. The last time I contacted Orbea support they told me any headset would work fine (for my Lobular).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck. I got mine pretty soon after TRP announced their new and improved TTV brakes, but they only came in left hand cable (or right, I can't remember), not the ones I needed. They were pretty good about it, and sent them for free.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's a link to a post where I included a picture of the adapter from Orbea's site.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Thank you again for your help! Any chance you have a photo of the bike with the adapter and new brake?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just found this post. I have the same issue with the TRP brakes on my Orbea. Did Orbea send you the direct brake adapter for free? I’ll be calling them soon to get one!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone know an alternative to TRP TTV brakes? [Tweeks07] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I got the adapter and new cover for free.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EDIT NOW SOLD. For sale: New and unused: TRP TTV 90 rear brake (linear spring model)
Pictures here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/xWmuMWVf4t4WPtf27

Bought this as part of a pair from Planet X. I didn’t realise it was a pair of rear brakes they were selling. I only need one rear brake so here is a chance for someone else to upgrade a rear brake to the linear spring model cheap.

£32 on Pay pal, will cover the Pay Pal fees and I will cover the P&P to UK

Here is the planet X link: https://www.planetx.co.uk/...TV09/trp-ttv09-brake
note that the brake they are selling on it’s own is a ‘21mm front’ version.

If I don’t sell one by the 7th April 2020 I’ll be sending both back for a refund.
Last edited by: chrisone: Mar 14, 20 15:22
Quote Reply