Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: WTF is it with US security leaking details on UK activities [HoustonTri(er)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HoustonTri(er) wrote:
Well Loughborough must have changed a lot since I spent four years at university there to be compared to Aleppo.

If you read the thread you should pick up that I'm being sarcastic. When I grew up there it was a pretty non-descript English market town. Not particularly pretty or historic but solid. This was pre the lottery and the Olympic performance center as well so even the university was pretty mixed. My point was that it had several huge immigrant populations - some several generations old even in the 80s - and yet everyone got along pretty well. It was a very long way from the amalgam of ghettos, no go zones and refugee camps it seems some Americans imagine.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Re: WTF is it with US security leaking details on UK activities [Bretom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry - forget to put mine in pink. Same dry British humor ; )
It was the mid-late 90's when I was at the University.
Quote Reply
Re: WTF is it with US security leaking details on UK activities [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
On the flip side, UK authorities have a habit of not wanting the public to know that these attacks are perpetrated by Muslims if middle eastern decent.

Rubbish the British press are all over every attack
Quote Reply
Re: WTF is it with US security leaking details on UK activities [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So is it leaking if the FBI told MI5 that he was planning an attack? Bonus points for MI5 doing jack a bit about it after looking into it.
Quote Reply
Re: WTF is it with US security leaking details on UK activities [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Irrespective of whether it's a leak. It does not look clever. That said the immediate response is that they looked and found nothing but a nutter with no plan. Plenty of those about. He may have developed plan between Jan and May

It's not as if failures in intelligence are new. Boston, learning to only take a plane off not landing it.......

I am sure every time it happens these guys are known about but what do you do about a militant Muslim with no plan at the time? Lock him up for bad thoughts? Last time I checked that was not a crime even if I think it should be
Quote Reply
Re: WTF is it with US security leaking details on UK activities [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Irrespective of whether it's a leak. It does not look clever. That said the immediate response is that they looked and found nothing but a nutter with no plan. Plenty of those about. He may have developed plan between Jan and May

It's not as if failures in intelligence are new. Boston, learning to only take a plane off not landing it.......

I am sure every time it happens these guys are known about but what do you do about a militant Muslim with no plan at the time? Lock him up for bad thoughts? Last time I checked that was not a crime even if I think it should be

I'm curious to hear what their rationale was to let it slide.

You really think that a guy who hops back and forth to MENA and is not learning to land is going to get a pass these days?
Quote Reply
Re: WTF is it with US security leaking details on UK activities [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to know why he got a pass

The failure modes will change. If it's not planes landing it will be something else
Quote Reply

Prev Next