Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trump is killing Children...is this necessary?
Quote | Reply
AHCA will kill Americans. The budget will kill children. Is this liberal rhetoric really necessary? Really?

http://insider.foxnews.com/...amp;utm_medium=email
Quote Reply
Re: Trump is killing Children...is this necessary? [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it necessary - no. Nor is it original in its inflammatory flourish.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
AHCA will kill Americans. The budget will kill children. Is this liberal rhetoric really necessary? Really?

Godwin's law makes the alternative argument too obvious.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
..Obamacare “literally kills” people... calling that “the greatest fear that Americans have.”

“You bet this can happen,” ..“That is what I’m worried about. Not just me, people all across the United States. So this is literally an issue of life and death. I don’t want to be proved right.”

Michelle Bachmann
Last edited by: Sanuk: May 24, 17 5:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess we can just ignore the liberals and listen to the Republicans who are calling this budget "dead on arrival." And perhaps concern ourselves with the fact that this budget represents a complete 180 turn on Trump's campaign promises and that it largely hurts his own voting base.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump is killing Children...is this necessary? [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Listen to who you want. If it's Sarah Palin and Michele Bachman or the entire universe of liberals/progressives.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump is killing Children...is this necessary? [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
Listen to who you want. If it's Sarah Palin and Michele Bachman or the entire universe of liberals/progressives.

Don't be a snowflake. Your side is no better than our side. It's just our turn to point and yell "death panels" for a few years. You'll be alright and in a term or two the whole thing will reverse and you'll have the libs forcing religiously objecting bakers to make cakes in the shape of two dudes fucking.

I could try to make a case that numbers support the notion that less coverage = less health care = more preventable death but data has never meant much in political discourse. Death panels were not part of Obamacare and they still made a convenient talking point so even though AHCA does not set out to kill children - it'll resonate better than factual data driven arguments.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump is killing Children...is this necessary? [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SailorSam wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:

Don't be a snowflake. Your side is no better than our side. It's just our turn to point and yell "death panels" for a few years. You'll be alright and in a term or two the whole thing will reverse and you'll have the libs forcing religiously objecting bakers to make cakes in the shape of two dudes fucking.

I could try to make a case that numbers support the notion that less coverage = less health care = more preventable death but data has never meant much in political discourse. Death panels were not part of Obamacare and they still made a convenient talking point so even though AHCA does not set out to kill children - it'll resonate better than factual data driven arguments.

You better google the term snowflake because I don't think you know what it means.

My side is waiting to see what happens to a bill that is currently being re-written in the Senate. But it was fun to watch how liberals/progressives winced and wrangled with Sarah Palin's comments on death panels. She really got under your skin.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump is killing Children...is this necessary? [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:

So, you're getting you liberal information from Fox News. Good idea?!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keep up the good fight in the alternate reality that is the conservative universe. That bill is not being re-written because it's not even in the Senate (until it gets scored later today). It's so bad that the Senate has already started from scratch completely disregarding the garbage they pushed through in the House. I have to give Ryan a little bit of credit for audacity. Honestly, he deserves points for even the fact that he somehow managed to wrangle a bill through the house that is almost universally despised by virtually everyone except maybe 1% of the very very high earners who also happen to hate poor people (I know a lot of high earners who would benefit greatly from this and still hate it). Anyway - good luck.

I also appreciate your honesty regarding Palin. You enjoyed how a disingenuous hack hijacked an important national policy discussion with completely false statements and good old fashioned fear mongering. Too bad America lost when Palin won the celebrity contest.
Quote Reply