Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Argon E119+ vs Speed Concept?
Quote | Reply
Both fit me; and I like the look of both
First world problems; any of you have any advice ?!
Quote Reply
Re: Argon E119+ vs Speed Concept? [bespoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Neither is a bad choice. All I can say is that my local Trek store has been awesome with customer service.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my E119Tri+

Brakes are super easy when you swap between race wheels and training wheels.
Easy to adjust.

It was easy for me to get properly fitted with the integrated cockpit. Love my setup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife has an Argon - it's an amazing bike.

I just got a Speed concept - it's an amazing bike.

I don't think there is a wrong decision here. Pick which is the coolest or you get best bang for buck on.
Quote Reply
Re: Argon E119+ vs Speed Concept? [iron_steph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
have a speed concept. good bike, but I hate the saddle clamp two-bolt adjustment and the front end is no fun to adjust. The Argon has a better saddle clamp and and easier to work on front end. and it's rare-r. and just awesome looking.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had the Argon E119+ for about a year now. *Love it* and can't recommend it enough. Fast and highly adjustable as you'd expect at that price point, climbs very well and descends like a rocket. Relatively rare too which appeals to the gear junkie in me. The only mods I made to stock is replacing the cranks with slightly shorter Rotor inPower cranks and QXL Rings (done at LBS when originally ordered), and using an Xlab BTA system because it allows me to use a regular bottle on training rides.

The storage unit on the rear carrier is huge, not necessary for racing perhaps but very convenient on longer training rides. For a shorter race the rear system is easily converted to a dual only or even single bottle system rather than the dual bottle plus storage, but there is virtually no weight difference and supposedly the storage unit makes everything more aero (I'd still like to see some data on that). Bonus is that you can pop the storage unit off (presumably loaded with your tools and tubes), and bring it along race morning to pop back onto the bike - no need to leave your stuff in transition all night or reload storage in the morning.

The bike came with swappable top tube storage options, the larger enough for gels, salt, etc., and the smaller not a storage unit per se but creating a nice aero flow across the top tube.

There's a couple of photos in the Instagram link below in the signature line but you probably have the visuals memorized by now.

Two thumbs up.

Kiwami NA Racing Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you want to buy American or Canadian? That's really your biggest decision here.
Quote Reply
Re: Argon E119+ vs Speed Concept? [jmjtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmjtri wrote:
Do you want to buy American or Canadian? That's really your biggest decision here.

In terms of where the frames are made, and I'm happy to be proven wrong, I suspect neither of them are made in America or Canada.
Quote Reply
Re: Argon E119+ vs Speed Concept? [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
have a speed concept. good bike, but I hate the saddle clamp two-bolt adjustment and the front end is no fun to adjust. The Argon has a better saddle clamp and and easier to work on front end. and it's rare-r. and just awesome looking.

Do you have the gen1 or gen2 SC? I have the gen1, and agree the saddle clamp sucks. I would have hoped they would have fixed with gen2.

Other than that, I'd just say that for replacement parts, etc, Trek is likely going to be much easier to source that stuff? Huge dealer network with every part readily available to them. I also find the Argon sizing a bit confusing, but probably just haven't taken the time to look into it properly..
Quote Reply
Re: Argon E119+ vs Speed Concept? [nickag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The occasional Trek is made in Waterloo Wisc. Only the top end frames from what I'm aware though. (Project One, Madone 9 series, etc.) I can't speak for Argon 18.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Speed Concept... and wish it had that E119 paint job. Love how that thing looks.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Argon E119+ vs Speed Concept? [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One other thing to note, I -believe- the trek has more options/adjustment for the handlebars. Different effective stem lengths and heights?

I'm looking on the Argon site, there is no mention of varying stem lengths or heights.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The E-119 came with a good assortment of stacks for the armrest/extensions so you can go anywhere from slammed to randonneur. The base bar can be flipped, allowing several inches of difference when using the pursuits. Similarly the extension angles can be adjusted *very* easily, and so can the length/reach. The LBS and my fitter were very impressed with the design.

Kiwami NA Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: Argon E119+ vs Speed Concept? [shaggyrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool, thx!
Quote Reply