Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lazer Tardiz worth upgrading?
Quote | Reply
I've had the Lazer Tardiz for a while now, actually picked it up as a free competition prize a few years back. I'd love to upgrade, partly for a visor and partly (mostly) just because some of the newer helmets look friggin awesome. But would I actually see any difference? No way of wind tunnel testing to find the right one but I spend most of my time in aero position and don't have too much problem holding that. Just looking for some rough guides as to how much time, if any, I'd save? Might help justify it a little!
Quote Reply
Re: Lazer Tardiz worth upgrading? [Pb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From my limited testing of that helmet you'll probably be faster with something else
how much time :01-1min /40k

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Lazer Tardiz worth upgrading? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any way to know which helmet would suit me best? Not really at wind tunnel level!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had a Lazer Tardiz and while liked a couple of the features of it - the magnetic buckle, water port and the roller dial on top. But I hated the length of the visor and the amount of eye coverage it provided when the helmet was worn so the tail was touching my back and not sticking up in the air.

I replaced it with a LG P-09 and like the fit much better as it sits perfectly on my back. But it is warm due to lack of having much for air vents. I also have the specialized evade which has the same magnetic buckle as the Lazer and is great for hot conditions with all the vents.

I have no idea how much faster either would be and frankly unless you go to a tunnel or have them all available for a rollout test, you will never know. If you can't test, then Go with what fits your position best and then your comfort next.
Last edited by: ChrisT: May 22, 17 14:51
Quote Reply
Re: Lazer Tardiz worth upgrading? [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree on the mag buckle, absolutely love that! Actually looking at the Lazer wasp in the hopes that it has the same buckle but can't see mention of it anywhere! Might just go with what I like the look of and make sure it has a visor!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the availability of a visor is a big part of driving this issue:
1) Visors for the Tardiz are available.
2) Visors have only mixed success, apparently, in wind tunnel testing. Compare that to the visor definitely reducing cooling in a hot race.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pb wrote:
Agree on the mag buckle, absolutely love that! Actually looking at the Lazer wasp in the hopes that it has the same buckle but can't see mention of it anywhere! Might just go with what I like the look of and make sure it has a visor!

I don't see how anyone can go with any helmet but the Giro Aerohead unless they go to a tunnel track etc and can find a faster helmet. The reality is the Aerohead is testing really fast on nearly everyone. If you look at the shape and study it isn't rocket science why it is performing so well. It has a cool visor as well that mounts upside down. I wrote some detailed thoughts on the helmet here. It has been my aero helmet for nearly a year. P09 before that.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Lazer Tardiz worth upgrading? [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
But it is warm due to lack of having much for air vents

IIRC that helmet tests faster 19/20 with the plug removed. That should help with ventilation as well

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pb wrote:
I've had the Lazer Tardiz for a while now, actually picked it up as a free competition prize a few years back. I'd love to upgrade, partly for a visor and partly (mostly) just because some of the newer helmets look friggin awesome. But would I actually see any difference? No way of wind tunnel testing to find the right one but I spend most of my time in aero position and don't have too much problem holding that. Just looking for some rough guides as to how much time, if any, I'd save? Might help justify it a little!

I love mine. I have no issue with the Visor.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply