Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How bad should I feel?
Quote | Reply
We cut down a bunch of spruce trees in our yard this weekend. They were too close to the house, patio and each other.

I noticed this morning that there was a nest in one of the trees, along with some dead baby birds. :(

I feel bad for the blue jays, especially since they keep coming back to the yard and flying around aimlessly.

Am I anthropomorphizing too much? And how do they get there nests so perfectly round?
Quote Reply
Re: How bad should I feel? [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Yeah, you better watch out

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jays are ubiquitous and adaptable. Don't sweat it.

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply
Post deleted by SS88 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel bad for the blue jays

I feel the same but they are showing signs of turning the season around...
Quote Reply
Re: How bad should I feel? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
I feel bad for the blue jays

I feel the same but they are showing signs of turning the season around...

No sympathy for them - they are on their own.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
We cut down a bunch of spruce trees in our yard this weekend. They were too close to the house, patio and each other.

I noticed this morning that there was a nest in one of the trees, along with some dead baby birds. :(

I feel bad for the blue jays, especially since they keep coming back to the yard and flying around aimlessly.

Am I anthropomorphizing too much? And how do they get there nests so perfectly round?

Pretty sure you just missed the other nests of smaller birds.

Cutting down trees during bird breeding season is a good way to get rid of birds...

Not that they are good for anything other than 'just flying around aimlessly".

You represented the human race really well. Congrats!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How does your cat feel? Winning!

edbikebabe wrote:

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: How bad should I feel? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Oh damn!

Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
edbikebabe wrote:

Cutting down trees during bird breeding season is a good way to get rid of birds...

Don't you just love it when you get an opportunity to show how morally superior you are? Gets you all warm and fuzzy inside.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just accept the fact that the next 5-6 times you find bird shit on something you own, it's karma paying you back in installments.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

We have rock features and columns attached to the stucco in our covered front porch area. The damn birds love to build nests attached to the rocks then spend all summer shitting down the stucco and staining it. I have knocked down numerous nests they have built in there. The last three I have knocked down have either had eggs in them or baby birds that did not survive the 20 foot fall to the concrete.

Feel a bit bad, but I get over it quickly. My wife doesn't know about it.
Quote Reply
Re: How bad should I feel? [aarondb4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aarondb4 wrote:
Feel a bit bad, but I get over it quickly. My wife doesn't know about it.

That's probably a good thing. I'm not telling my kid about ours.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

I live in Canada, we don't let our birds carry guns. (and that's not even a blue jay....)
Quote Reply
Post deleted by NedRise [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should feel bad enough to have frittata for dinner tonight.

edbikebabe wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Every time I searched for something funny regarding a blue jay all I got were Toronto Blue jays memes.

Regarding that pic, as we say here in Jesus land...

Good enough for government work.

Do you know me!?!?! I may or may not work for the government.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can relate. I once clipped a crow with a pellet gun. Since it was limping around and couldn't fly, while it was stuck between a couple large rocks I went and finished it execution style. Not pleasurable. I got over it. You will too.
Quote Reply
Re: How bad should I feel? [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, I was dead serious:

LOVE BIRDS, COOK THEM.TASTY FOOD.

rick_pcfl wrote:
windschatten wrote:
edbikebabe wrote:

Don't you just love it when you get an opportunity to show how morally superior you are? Gets you all warm and fuzzy inside.
Quote Reply