Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Newer tires, developed a rub?
Quote | Reply
Swapped my 23s out for Conti 25s (bike is P3) and lbs adjusted "stays" on rear to move tire away from bridge/frame (hope that is correct terminology). Rode 2-3 times, did St Anthony's, rode a couple more times no issue. Air up today (same psi front and rear) and got a severe rub, enough it was slowing bike, so I stopped and parked it, but obviously rubbing. Any thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Newer tires, developed a rub? [Cmatthews7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"lbs adjusted "stays" on rear to move tire away from bridge/frame"

looks like the there is just a little more adjustment required... my P3 has always had 25mm tires, either Schwalbe or Michelin without incident.
Quote Reply
Re: Newer tires, developed a rub? [Avago] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Taking it in today, and I'm hoping that is indeed just the case. One odd thing I didn't mention it appears to be rubbing on the left side(towards the center but left of mid rib) and only on a few spots. Tires have less than 100 miles, bike has less than 400
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cmatthews7 wrote:
Swapped my 23s out for Conti 25s (bike is P3) and lbs adjusted "stays" on rear to move tire away from bridge/frame (hope that is correct terminology). Rode 2-3 times, did St Anthony's, rode a couple more times no issue. Air up today (same psi front and rear) and got a severe rub, enough it was slowing bike, so I stopped and parked it, but obviously rubbing. Any thoughts?
I use Conti tires on my P2 (2010), and experience rubbing with both 25mm clincher and tubulars. I think they are very bulky. The rear adjustment system to adjust wheel position on my bike totally sucks (the screw bends eventually, and rubbing appears), I hope they have improved it on the last models. How old is your P3?
Quote Reply
Re: Newer tires, developed a rub? [the slow guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is less than 2 months old, had to order and wait for it. Lbs adjusted those little screws out and clearance is good now, but being a bigger guy I hope those screws don't bend on me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cmatthews7 wrote:
It is less than 2 months old, had to order and wait for it. Lbs adjusted those little screws out and clearance is good now, but being a bigger guy I hope those screws don't bend on me.

Those little screws are only designed to line the wheel up between the stays before tightening the quick release. Make sure the quick release is tight enough to hold the wheel. Too many people rely on those little screws to hold the wheel in place.

Not a new problem
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...Cervelo_P3_P2238556/
Quote Reply
Re: Newer tires, developed a rub? [nickag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Thank you so much, I'm mechanical enough I can remedy this. Honestly I had heard this forum could be tough on noobs like me but I have found nothing but support and help here. Thanks again!
Quote Reply
Re: Newer tires, developed a rub? [nickag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickag wrote:
Cmatthews7 wrote:

Those little screws are only designed to line the wheel up between the stays before tightening the quick release. Make sure the quick release is tight enough to hold the wheel. Too many people rely on those little screws to hold the wheel in place.

Not a new problem
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...Cervelo_P3_P2238556/
I am aware of this but I call this a flaw in the design (talking of the older models). Bc of this, I don't consider my P2 to be 100% reliable (I am tall and heavy).
A bent screw can mean a crash or a DNF. Thank you Cervelo for this smart system that punishes the user.
Who is going to do 700W intervals with race wheels juste before a race to see if the skewers are tight enough?
With time or bc skewer is not tight enough, a wheel with 25mm tires will rub and screws can bend.

If it can fail, it will fail. One day.
Quote Reply