Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Triguy222
Re: Giro aerohead or kask bambino [Triguy222] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tested either in the wind tunnel?

If yes, choose which is fastest based on the environment/context in which you see yourself riding.

If no, then choose whichever looks cooler and seems like it would be the best for the environment/context of your riding.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro aerohead or kask bambino [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't tested, just seeing what thoughts are of people who have worn one or possibly both
Quote Reply
Re: Giro aerohead or kask bambino [Triguy222] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I were shopping now, I would buy the Aerohead. That one seems like it is wind tunnel tasting faster than others in most positions. Bambino is now #2 to me. It is a bit of a crapshoot without personal testing, but the best bets are helmets that seem to be somewhat position agnostic, like the Aerohead, Bambino, Javelin, and Advantage 2.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro aerohead or kask bambino [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have tested both (Alphamantis style in velodrome) and they were pretty much the same for me. I found the Aerohead much heavier.

NB the aero results apply to me and are not necessarily applicable to others.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro aerohead or kask bambino [rmba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bambino, just get the model with upgraded visor/magnets.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro aerohead or kask bambino [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an aerohead and spend most of my time head down....just my reality. I want to keep my head up but after 30y in it's my bad form is just my form...I feel faster head down and my watts goes down per mph...so this is faster for me in my reality.

Is the bambino for me going to be faster...cannot find total rider wind tunnel data....

TIA

jeff
Quote Reply
Re: Giro aerohead or kask bambino [jcb-memphis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the handful of WT tests I have seen, I think the Banbino is really only good for people who look down. Every test I have seen ranks it at least second or third behind the usual suspects for people who look forward.

I think the design on the Aerohead isn’t going to work well when looking down. My guess is that what makes it fast is the airfoil shape of the the visor, but that won’t make any difference because it won’t be oriented toward the direction of airflow.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro aerohead or kask bambino [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I was buying earlier in the year, my reading was that the Aerohead was faster for more people, so being real about it (ie, I'm not going into a wind tunnel), I bought the aerohead. So far been really happy with the product.
Quote Reply