Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Extreme pain in stomach when running after biking.
Quote | Reply
So today I did a duathlon, olympic distance.
For the first run I didn't take any energy, for the 40k/1h bike I took
70 cl water together with 100 g maltodextrin.

Just after 500 meter in the last run I got a lot of pain in the stomach, and I had it before, always on the run.
It goes away directly if I stop running, but it comes back after a couple of hundred meters again.
I never have any pain during bike.
Anyone experienced something similar?

I have a few ideas:
1. This was my 6th session on the tempo bike (I have been abroad and I couldn't bring it with me)
2. The position in the tempo bike squeezes the belly, some how.
3. My mix of energy is to aggressive and the blood is going to the legs.
Quote Reply
Re: Extreme pain in stomach when running after biking. [johan123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
100 g of malto is 380 calories. I'd say cut that in half. Maybe cut a few cl of water out and see what happens. My guess is that you have too much in your gut for the intensity you're pushing. With it being a shorter race, you shouldn't​ need to slam 380 calories on the bike to keep from bonking on the second run, you probably should be able to race the entire distance on reserves alone, if needed.
Quote Reply
Re: Extreme pain in stomach when running after biking. [Ktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Extreme pain in stomach when running after biking. [Ktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ktri wrote:
100 g of malto is 380 calories. I'd say cut that in half. Maybe cut a few cl of water out and see what happens. My guess is that you have too much in your gut for the intensity you're pushing. With it being a shorter race, you shouldn't​ need to slam 380 calories on the bike to keep from bonking on the second run, you probably should be able to race the entire distance on reserves alone, if needed.

I could probably do a half IM without any energy either. It's just that I thought it would be faster, since high intensity burn a lot of carbs.

I will try next competition to take less calories and less water.
Quote Reply