Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lucy Charles crushing Lanzarote
Quote | Reply
Lucy Gossage is off the bike in 2nd +19:47, Jeanne Collonge in 3rd + 20:19, Corinne Abraham +25:29

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles crushing Lanzarote [Scotttriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scotttriguy wrote:
Lucy Gossage is off the bike in 2nd +19:47, Jeanne Collonge in 3rd + 20:19, Corinne Abraham +25:29

With an 18+ minute lead at 25k it would seem she could stop for a quick nap and still take this.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Last edited by: sciguy: May 20, 17 7:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. Great race for Lucy. And the men's winner didn't do half bad either. Bart Aernouts for the winner 8:35 I believe.
Hopefully Jesse Thomas will secure 3rd.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Re: Lucy Charles crushing Lanzarote [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How old is Lucy?
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles crushing Lanzarote [Pat0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pat0 wrote:
How old is Lucy?

24, she has an amazing future ahead! Wonder if she will attempt another IM to get into Kona 2017?
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles crushing Lanzarote [asianzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think she will definitely try and qualify for Kona. Should be fun!
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles crushing Lanzarote [asianzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asianzone wrote:
Pat0 wrote:
Wonder if she will attempt another IM to get into Kona 2017?

Wait, what?

Winning Lanzarote doesn't automatically give her enough points for Kona?

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think for the men you have to pretty well win 2 IMs (or definitely top 3) and and place top 3 at a number of 70.3's. For women it is even harder to get to Kona
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles crushing Lanzarote [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anna s wrote:
So pleased for lucy, she's a huge talent and so young. Happy that Corinne is crushing the run too after all her injuries. Looks like it's going to be a Brit podium whatever - yay!!

Surprised no one has noticed that she was 6th OA out of the water with a 47:06, only 8 sec slower than the two fastest men who came out together in 46:58. The front page article says she swam 47:30 but acc to the results she went 47:06. Apparently she swam in a couple of swimming world cup events and in the finals of the British Oly trials in the 800 m, so she's quite the swimmer. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Last edited by: ericmulk: May 23, 17 19:42
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles crushing Lanzarote [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
Anna s wrote:
So pleased for lucy, she's a huge talent and so young. Happy that Corinne is crushing the run too after all her injuries. Looks like it's going to be a Brit podium whatever - yay!!

Surprised no one has noticed that she was 6th OA out of the water with a 47:04, only 6 sec slower than the two fastest men who came out together in 46:58. The front page article says she swam 47:30 but acc to the results she went 47:04. Apparently she swam in a couple of swimming world cup events and in the finals of the British Oly trials in the 800 m, so she's quite the swimmer. :)

I definitely noticed her 47.0x swim....that 10K elite swimmer background coming in handy there.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles crushing Lanzarote [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
Anna s wrote:

Surprised no one has noticed that she was 6th OA out of the water with a 47:04, only 6 sec slower than the two fastest men who came out together in 46:58. The front page article says she swam 47:30 but acc to the results she went 47:04. Apparently she swam in a couple of swimming world cup events and in the finals of the British Oly trials in the 800 m, so she's quite the swimmer. :)

I definitely noticed her 47.0x swim....that 10K elite swimmer background coming in handy there.

She was/is quite the pool swimmer also. I couldn't find the Brit Oly Trials results but at the 2012 Brit Nationals, she went 4:19.90 for 400 LCM, which would be roughly 4:14 for 400 scm. To put this into 500 free (scy) terms for Americans, that would be about 4:46 for the 500, pretty darned fast IMO.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles crushing Lanzarote [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She lives (or used) quite near me and her and her fiance Reece Barclay turned up at a local Oly distance tri. He won the Standard overall, Lucy did a relay with a friend.

I am a fairly good swimmer. It thought I would see how long I can cling on to them for. I lasted about 10 metres. She was 1st out the water, Reece 2nd. I was 7th.
Quote Reply