Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HED Jet Stallion build availability - from?
Quote | Reply
I have been looking for a wheelset to replace my SRAM S60 set that just broke.
Narrowed it down to either Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon or HED Jet 6's.

My question is, with the HED's, I'm at 200 lbs and would need The Stallion build.
Always looking to buy on sale....has anyone come across the Stallion build on Sale anywhere?
The regular build can be had for $1000-$1100 at multiple places but I can only find the Stallion built directly from HED at $1600 retail :(

Thanks
Last edited by: MKirk: May 19, 17 11:09
Quote Reply
Re: HED Jet Stallion build availability? [MKirk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I swear the weight used to be higher--maybe 225--because when I bought mine (at 195 lbs.) I never even considered Stallion build whereas with Flos (rated >198) I used the Clydesdale only. Your risk to bear but FWIW I'm 195 and rode their regular builds with no issue. Have you called HED about this?
Quote Reply
Re: HED Jet Stallion build availability - from? [MKirk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
contact bicycledoctorusa.com. Don't be scared off by the website.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mybikeshop does them in the stallion build. I am in the same boat you are in and have been looking around as well. Mybikeshop gives you the option to have a stallion build and the price doesn't change. That is where I am more than likely going to be getting a set of He'd jet+'s

If you don't want a stallion build you can always jump to flows full carbon wheels they support something like 240-250lbs same as any other carbon wheel as well.
Quote Reply
Re: HED Jet Stallion build availability - from? [HonestYP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks....forgot all about Mybikeshop. Sent them an email already.

My preference is aluminum/carbon wheels since my low profile wheels are also aluminum and I really don't feel like changing pads back and fourth all the time. Plus, I prefer the braking on Aluminum rims over carbon.

Michael
Quote Reply
Re: HED Jet Stallion build availability - from? [kangelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kangelly wrote:
contact bicycledoctorusa.com. Don't be scared off by the website.

This. I have spent several thousand dollars with these folks over the years. Always top notch service.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Call HED and ask about the weight raings on their lastest standard Jets. I believe they tell you 220 lbs. Then you can look around and find a coupon code for mybikeshop. If its a clyde build it may take several months to get the wheels built. That's what I ran into when I was looking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Stallion builds were for the flex in the 23mm rims originally. A friend of mine is riding a set of Jet 6/9 + wheels at 235lbs. No flex, says they're stiff as hell. Save the grams and get the standards if they're race wheels. Will also help the resale value.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MKirk wrote:
Thanks....forgot all about Mybikeshop. Sent them an email already.

My preference is aluminum/carbon wheels since my low profile wheels are also aluminum and I really don't feel like changing pads back and fourth all the time. Plus, I prefer the braking on Aluminum rims over carbon.

Michael

Did you see the write-up on the new Zipp 302s? 45mm, aluminum rim. $1500. Also, the Rolf 58RSC has an aluminum rim for 1299.
Quote Reply
Re: HED Jet Stallion build availability - from? [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FatandSlow wrote:
Did you see the write-up on the new Zipp 302s? 45mm, aluminum rim.

The 302 is a full carbon clincher.
Quote Reply
Re: HED Jet Stallion build availability - from? [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the correction. Don't know how I screwed that up.
Quote Reply