Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Honda mowers are the best [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
last tri in 83 wrote:
The spring thaw must be occurring. The Canadians are talking lawnmowers.

I was the last holdout on the street. I was ordered by my wife to mow since "we have the worst lawn on the street!".

I'm still holding out. My neighbor's lawn is his life's work so our lawn looks pretty bad relative to his. Our dandelions must keep him awake at night.
Quote Reply
Re: Honda mowers are the best [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Are you guys sharpening your own blades, or taking them in?

If you are doing it yourself, how?

My neighbor has a grinding wheel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a small grinding stone that fits into the chuck of my drill. Just flip the mower on its side and go to work on the blade. It probably doesn't do as good a job as a bench grinder, but it's plenty effective - and I don't have to take the blade off. Never worried too much about getting the blade unbalanced since I don't take off much material in the process. My mower is well over 10 years old and still has the original mulching blade on it.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Angle grinder then bench grinder then if I'm feeling fancy a file. If I'm in a hurry just the angle grinder
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree that Honda's are probably the best. If my 15 year old Craftsman ever dies, that's what I will get.

How many people in your neighborhood mow their own lawns? Here on Long Island, I'm the only one for miles around. No wonder they call it Lawn Guy Land!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Honda mowers are the best [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Virtually everyone in my neighbourhood mows their own lawn.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
I agree that Honda's are probably the best. If my 15 year old Craftsman ever dies, that's what I will get.

How many people in your neighborhood mow their own lawns? Here on Long Island, I'm the only one for miles around. No wonder they call it Lawn Guy Land!

ha! I thought everyone in Long Guy Land just had a big dick.
Last edited by: schroeder: May 19, 17 6:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a Honda mower last year. It replaced a Toro (with a Tecumseh engine) that lasted an amazing 35 years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:

When I lived on long island, I mowed my lawn (it was a household chore), a lot of people had a lawn care company. I never understood it, it was expensive and the lawns are not that big.

What really gets me is the people who have riding lawnmowers for their whole 4000 square feet of lawn to mow. My father in law always wanted one and does two things with his riding lawnmower, mow his 2000 square foot yard and give his grandkids rides on it.
Last edited by: AndysStrongAle: May 19, 17 7:08
Quote Reply
Re: Honda mowers are the best [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
schroeder wrote:
Sweeney wrote:

ha! I thought everyone in Long Guy Land just had a big dick.

No, that's Donald Trump but he lives in Manhattan and Florida and for right now in the White House

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Blep, you really should change the oil. In these small engines it's recommended to change every 8 hours. For one thing your are wearing out a very good motor slowly, and when it fails, it will fail totally!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The guy at my local mower repair shop likes Robins Subaru engines best. He said they are well engineered and built, last a long time, and aren't terribly expensive to fix when they break down.

Not sure if any lawn mowers even use these engines any more. Ryobi mowers used to but I think that now they only make electric mowers.
Quote Reply
Re: Honda mowers are the best [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkipG wrote:
I have a Ratillio mower! Mexican brand, best mower I've had!

I just have a Mexican mowing my lawn. Best mower ever.
Quote Reply
Re: Honda mowers are the best [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is one of my neighbors. Apparently the husband has a grass allergy, so she has to mow. After a couple of years they got a riding mower & she still does it 100% of the time. Until recently, I thought the husband might have been a fantasy or a blow up doll, as I had only seen him twice and wasn't even sure that he actually lived in the house. 100% of the work I've seen done outside, from grass to any other project, have been done by the wife or what I assume are their parents.

My other neighbor has upwards of 20 push mowers in his garage -- buying, repairing, reselling -- but has a friend with a landscaping business mow his lawn instead. It's kind of funny, but he just hates mowing and knows how funny it is. I'd be the same if I weren't such a tightwad about things like that and if there weren't podcasts to listen to.

AndysStrongAle wrote:
What really gets me is the people who have riding lawnmowers for their whole 4000 square feet of lawn to mow. My father in law always wanted one and does two things with his riding lawnmower, mow his 2000 square foot yard and give his grandkids rides on it.
Quote Reply
Re: Honda mowers are the best [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife generally mows since I have spring allergies, but she likes to mow. I'll pull the weeds in the garden.

My neighbor's wife got into the whole Fitbit step counter craze. He got her to mow the lawn all year so she could get her steps in and he sat on the porch drinking beer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That man deserves a badge of honor. Brilliant. Now I know exactly what to do when my wife has her next step challenge at work. She gets into those things and is competitive. Now to procure my drink of choice. Decisions, decisions.

AndysStrongAle wrote:
My neighbor's wife got into the whole Fitbit step counter craze. He got her to mow the lawn all year so she could get her steps in and he sat on the porch drinking beer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
My wife generally mows since I have spring allergies, but she likes to mow. I'll pull the weeds in the garden.

My wife has decided that mowing our yard is fun. Likes zipping around on the zero turn looking at all the plants and such. She even thinks it was her idea.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply

Prev Next