Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Roger Ailes - RIP [Rodred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See above. He's a shit bag.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool. Whats your take on Bill Clinton?

This is what I hate about the state of the country now. People come on here and criticize a man accused of multiple sexual harassment claims and who paid $45 million in settlements and stepped down from the head of Fox news. Would you pay $45 million and have your career and reputation destroyed if you were innocent and there was nothing to the allegations?

This is the same company where Bill O'Reilly worked and had to leave under similar circumstances and we are to believe there is nothing inappropriate?

Instead of people being allowed to say they find is actions reprehensible because of his position of power and influence over so many women, you and others demand that you can only be outraged if you provided the exact same anger over an incident by a different man that occurred 22 years ago. Doing this indirectly minimizes the actions of Ailes and once again turns it into a left/right, liberal/conservative, Democrat/Republican issue when it really is about one slimy man's abuse of power.

I keep reading here about people's obsession with Trump but Trump is the current President while Clinton hasn't been out of office for 17 years and is still the center of these kind of discussions. Isn't the obsession really more about Clinton?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rodred wrote:
Danno wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
Lots of people retire from their job and then drop dead within 6 months.

Particularly when they "retire" in the midst of numerous sexual misconduct allegations.

Allegations might be the right word to use. Was he ever actually charged with a crime? I'll admit to not paying attention to everything The Resistance is doing.

Whether he was charged with a crime or not is irrelevant. The allegations against him (and they were many, many allegations) were that he routinely and regularly sexually harassed women who worked for him, including a lot of the on-air "talent" hired by FOX News. While sexual harassment isn't a crime (except in certain circumstances or when government figures are involved), I would still call serial harassers shit-bags and their transgressions "sexual misconduct."

The civil lawsuits against FOX will continue despite Ailes' death. Assuming they actually go to trial, a jury will decide if they are merely "allegations" or something more.

Cool. Whats your take on Bill Clinton?

What does that have to do with Ailes? When Bill dies you can should start a thread on that.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply

Prev Next