Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: RIP Chris Cornell [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was looking at the other two posts of his in which he was much more definitive that it is lack of impulse.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: RIP Chris Cornell [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Are we sure this wasn't a choke and stroke gone bad?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing at first.
"An initial autopsy showed he hung himself and was found on the bathroom floor with a 'band' around his neck."- That does sound suspect for autoerotic asphyxiation.

In this case I doubt it. Before his death it was reported he was slurring his word and had taken some extra antidepressant drugs (Ativan).
Quote Reply
Post deleted by SS88 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
getcereal wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Are we sure this wasn't a choke and stroke gone bad?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing at first.
"An initial autopsy showed he hung himself and was found on the bathroom floor with a 'band' around his neck."- That does sound suspect for autoerotic asphyxiation.

In this case I doubt it. Before his death it was reported he was slurring his word and had taken some extra antidepressant drugs (Ativan).

First, let me just say I have only the same info as everyone else....

That being said, when people die in such a way that could be embarrassing (especially famous people) their loved ones will go to great lengths to preserve the dignity of their memory. In this case (pure wild speculation here) it could be just "plain ol suicide" and the Ativan story an attempt to make Cornell a victim (of pharmaceuticals) rather than just a depressed person who gave up.

That would also be a good cover up for a choke and stroke.

What's being reported is also very likely to be truth.

I only bring this up because of the stories surrounding the death of pro surfer, Andy Irons. The initial story was that he died from dengue fever. It was known all along to be a simple drug overdose but the dengue fever story lives on today, several years later.

Again, I have no information about Chris Cornell that contradicts the official reports.

I like to add that usually these celebrity deaths have little to no affect on me but this one for some reason gets me a little choked up.

Been driving in the work truck blasting Soundgarden all day.

Just like the INSX Michael Hutchence. I was of the belief he died choking & stroking, that was the rumor at the time: "Michael Hutchence’s body would be discovered by a maid at 11:50 a.m. He was found naked and in a kneeling position behind the door, after a belt around his neck (and attached to the door-closing mechanism) had broken. He had choked to death in a case of apparent suicide. Hutchence was 37 years old. A analysis report of Hutchence's blood indicates the presence of alcohol, cocaine, Prozac (antidepressant) and prescription drugs. Cause of death ruled suicide.

It seemed there wasn't much attempt to cover up for David Carradine. That shit got out quick!

Chris Cornell - Like a Stone Acoustic Live
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpLQv5xL9Dc

Quote Reply
Re: RIP Chris Cornell [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
No one disputes impulse control is not a factor. It's far too simplistic to say that it is the factor or even one of only a couple factors.

What I wrote in post 26 was certainly not meant to be simplistic. But Your 5 word response to me certainly was. I admit that I responded in kind. I regret that. Truly.

I think the forum is better off having had this discussion. I wish to leave it at that.
Quote Reply
Re: RIP Chris Cornell [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An amazing version of that song. Thank you for posting it. RIP Chris.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I like to add that usually these celebrity deaths have little to no affect on me but this one for some reason gets me a little choked up.

Been driving in the work truck blasting Soundgarden all day.

I'm right there with you.

For the first time in my life I have stopped thinking of suicide as the coward's way out. I think many people have never been to a point in their lives where they have some sense of pain, dread, or other sense of discomfort that they cannot shake. It can give you a sense of helplessness.
Quote Reply

Prev Next