Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Coliseum Rock ‘N RollMan Half Iron Macon GA?
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at the Coliseum Rock ‘N RollMan Half Iron distance race on 9-30-17 in Macon GA. It's put on by Georgia Multisport Productions. I want to add a H.I.M to my IMFL build and this race fits perfectly into my training schedule. Whats the scoop on this race and company?
Last edited by: crujones#33: May 17, 17 15:09
Quote Reply
Re: Coliseum Rock ‘N RollMan Half Iron Macon GA? [crujones#33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a fair course. Macon, GA can be HOT that time of year - it was last year.

Lake swim - it was wetsuit last year, but it was hot in the middle of the lake. I ended up wearing a wetsuit and nearly died out there it was so hot. Slight chop heading back to shore.

Bike course - rolling open course. Nothing too terrible, but seemed like constant rollers. I never really found a rythm out there. The roads were not necessarily rough, but make sure your bottles are secure.

Run course - flat for the most part with maybe a small/slight climb or two. Pretty boring as it goes in around a neighborhood and surrounding area.

I really like Jim @ GAMULTISPORTS and they do a great job with this one. There will be about 5 different races going on (Sprint, International, Auqabike, 1/2 and a mini tri), so it can be a bit confusing at times with who is racing what. The venue is kind of in the middle of nowhere in Macon and you'll get a bit lonely out there on the bike/run. Great post race food and beer.

It times well for Florida and if your close by - it's worth placing on your calendar.

Fee free to PM for file on the bike or with questions. I will not race it this year, but maybe again in the future.

Tyler Pate

J. Tyler Pate
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Word to the wise: Beware of the gorillas http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ext_to_me._P4597045/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am planning on doing this race also as my first half. Thought about Augusta 70.3 the week before but would prefer a less crowded venue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did it last year, and anticipate going back this year. Good race, low key. Be prepared for cantered roads during the run though. Seemed every inch was tilted left or right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have done this race twice. Once wetsuit, once non-wetsuit so be prepared for either.

The bike is not flat, but not hard. I think it is a fair course that will test how well you can pace with a little climbing. I found it easy to ride a good, steady ride. The increased climbing comes on the back half. It is one of my favorite half bike courses, and the fact that it isn't a crowded race gives you an opportunity to ride your own race.

The run has ZERO shade, which everyone has left out. I can't remember if water is every other mile maybe? This race is hot- it has been hot both times I have done it. They will have maybe some sponges or rags for you at the aide stations. It is not a completely flat course as you go downhill, uphill, flat out and back, and then uphill finish.

Finish line has free ART with a great guy, if he is still doing it. It is a really nice race, and one of my favorite half distance races. Enjoy!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is a great race. But you should have done it when the race was in June. It was the hottest mofo race in the South!
Quote Reply
Re: Coliseum Rock ‘N RollMan Half Iron Macon GA? [arby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
arby wrote:
It is a great race. But you should have done it when the race was in June. It was the hottest mofo race in the South!

Yep. I did it in 2011 with temps in the mid 90s. No shade on the run as already mentioned. Brutal.
Quote Reply