Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Giro d'Italia May 23 Cima Coppi: 229K = Mortirolo + 2x Stelvio [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great day of racing all round, shame that TD's mid-race moment had to play a part. Would have liked Landa to get the stage. Nibali has another post-rest day blinder.....even if he won it on the descent. Guess he just enjoys his rest.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro d'Italia May 23 Cima Coppi: 229K = Mortirolo + 2x Stelvio [PT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PT wrote:
Great day of racing all round, shame that TD's mid-race moment had to play a part. Would have liked Landa to get the stage. Nibali has another post-rest day blinder.....even if he won it on the descent. Guess he just enjoys his rest.

On second thought the TD "oh shit" moment actually is making this Giro exciting. If he had just sat in with Quintana and crew and won the stage after the descent and a sprint, there would be no really good reason to tune into the rest of the Giro since the climbing midget crew would just be battling amongst themselves for first loser status. Now there is a faint chance that they may emerge out of first loser status to challenge for the overall with some kind of an ambush of Sunweb (but they likely need someone like Contador around to animate that). Yes, I am being hard on the climbing midget crew because they can't pull their own heads out of a paperbag. Waiting to the last climb to "attack" is a guaranteed loser outcome against a guy whose loaded watts per kilo is in the same range. There were many chances on the climb to the Cima Coppi where Dumoulin was far enough back in the group that someone could have tried an attack (yes, I realize it is easy for me to say from behind my screen, but that's what fans are supposed to do).

Big chapeau to Dumoulin. Waits for Quintana on Sunday, and stops to take a dump today and he's still riding around with the Maglia Rosa on.
Quote Reply

Prev Next