Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone tried anti-slip spray on saddle?
Quote | Reply
Anyone tried anti-slip spray on their saddle? Or, anyone have experience with any of the below products and think it may be a good idea to try?

examples:

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Last edited by: milesthedog: May 16, 17 18:40
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone tried anti-slip spray on saddle? [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just out of curiousity, is your saddle level to the ground?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone tried anti-slip spray on saddle? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, nose up slightly and I've tried level and no, I don't do nose down. It's an issue of a descent amount of drop, which I'm comfortable with. But, the ISM PN3.0 does have a rounded front that contributes to the issue... but then it also seems to be eliminating seam issues I've had with other ISM saddles.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the fizik saddle grip which helps a little. I also found, counterintuitively, that moving the saddle back helped keep me from sliding forward.

Coach at TriForce Triathlon Team: https://www.triforceteam.com
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone tried anti-slip spray on saddle? [asellerg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree moving the saddle back typically helps - tried that last week and was back to riding on the very tip of the saddle, though.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could try a bit of surfboard wax in key spots.

My saddle is an actual leather covering. The grippiness is perfect. When coming off the swim, water flows into the leather - its great.

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone tried anti-slip spray on saddle? [SharkFM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a bad idea!

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone tried anti-slip spray on saddle? [asellerg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asellerg wrote:
I use the fizik saddle grip which helps a little. I also found, counterintuitively, that moving the saddle back helped keep me from sliding forward.

Is this because you end up with a component of foot force pushing a bit forward on the pedals first (thus push body back) before you push down and back? Versus all down and back? To Milesthedog, if this is the case and you end up on the nose, your reach just got longer and you can't change the length of your torso and since the distance from aero pad to your hip bones is fixed (we only have so many vertebrae and inherently want to ride at a certain hip angle for a certain effort), you end up scooting forward on the saddle. So what about a shorter stem or of you can move you aero pads back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That might be a good explanation in my case. I have a Sitero, which is noseless, and I was probably sitting on the wrong part of it. Now that I'm more perched on the front, my thighs also clear more easily.

Coach at TriForce Triathlon Team: https://www.triforceteam.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree - I have shifted the front end back when moving the saddle back, so I think it's an issue of where over the bb I'm getting the most power out of my pedal stroke and where I'm comfortable hip-angle wise and with regard to hamstring and glut strain which occurs when moving the saddle back (and lowering saddle simultaneously)... no matter what, though, I've always tilted my saddles up a tad for tri and road, and for tri. Think the surf wax idea could be interesting to try. That said, my fit can always use adjusting.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, here's what I'm trying:

Some strips of Nexcare first aid tape: link here

And then I have Cramer anti slip spray on the way: link here

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Did that help ?
I am really interesting in this saddle too for my trek SC
I tried ISM pn 1.0 and didn't like it . It was too narrow for me....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A bit off topic but, I have the modded Giro SLX shoes and the shiny material is extremely slippery with wet or sweaty feet when mounting or dismounting out the shoes. May try one of these products.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone tried anti-slip spray on saddle? [superonik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
superonik wrote:
Did that help ?
I am really interesting in this saddle too for my trek SC
I tried ISM pn 1.0 and didn't like it . It was too narrow for me....

The tape lasted for 10 miles and then peeled off. The Cramer spray is fun, but really doesn't stay on the saddle too long, but I'll tell you where it's golden - now that I'm using a squatty potty, I slip a bit more than normal, so I've been using the Cramer spray on the toilet seat - no, not serious at all.

The PN3.0 (have another thread going about my experience with it) is only wider than the PN1.0 in terms of the cut out. The rear really doesn't feel any wider. I am liking it and just need to help with my bike fit to truly take advantage of it.

To the poster looking to apply one of those sprays to the bottom of shoes - one thing I'll warn about is that most of those sprays do very poorly on surfaces that flex, so I would find something specifically made for the bottom of shoes.

Quote Reply