Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

San Diego bike and swim training
Quote | Reply
Hi
I'm travelling to San Diego from the UK for a week in early June and looking for a bit of advice on training options.

1. Any recommendations for bike hire? Staying at Mission Bay so ideally somewhere close by.
2. Best routes? Upto 100 miles
3. Any group rides/chain gangs worth joining up with?
4. Best swim spots? Both OWS and indoor.

Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: San Diego bike and swim training [TriathlonVR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I highly recommend going to Alan Voisard's Saturday pool workout at the Mission Valley YMCA. 7:30-9AM. Fun workouts and Alan is a damn good athlete himself.

Todd

Seen on ST: NOTSOSWUYD: None of the secrets of success work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Re: San Diego bike and swim training [beartrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beartrap wrote:
I highly recommend going to Alan Voisard's Saturday pool workout at the Mission Valley YMCA. 7:30-9AM. Fun workouts and Alan is a damn good athlete himself.
Todd

x2 - Alan is great!

Live long and surf!
Quote Reply
Re: San Diego bike and swim training [beartrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a great help, thanks. I fly in on Friday so will aim to get there for the Saturday session.

Any suggestions for cycling routes? I'm staying near Mission Beach and want to head out to some hills.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Form Mission Bay you can head north along the coast to LA Jolla, Torrey Pines, and HIGHWAY 101 up to Oceanside say 50 miles round trip. There are various beaches and parks with restrooms and water to refill.
I typically do this ride all the way up to San Clemente but there is a Military base where identification is required.

Mission Bay is also is close to Moment Bicycles.com which has group rides and established routes. I believe they rent bikes. Also Pulse Endurance may be an option to look into.
There is a beachside running path from mission bay to Pacific beach (approximately 3 miles with only pedestrian traffic, (no cars), views of the ocean.

Also look at TriClubSanDiego.org for various Swim, Bike, Run workouts- they have several workouts throughout the week.

Happy Travels!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For bike rental/hire check out Moment Cycle

Should be able to get Road or TRI Bike
Quote Reply