Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HED Jet 5 Plus - thoughts/comments?
Quote | Reply
Anyone have experience with these? HED Jet 5 Plus.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: HED Jet 5 Plus - thoughts/comments? [sprimack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I have a set that is about 2 years old, great wheels, highly recommended.

Most people opt for the 6 front and 9 or disc rear. I picked mine up very discounted, brand new. I guess the five model is not a popular for some reason.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sprimack wrote:
Anyone have experience with these? HED Jet 5 Plus.

Thanks

Got the Performance Bicycle "Today: 20% off Wheels" email, too? Gotta say, first thing I did was go see if they'd marked up the Hed Jet 5's from where they were this weekend. FWIW, they didn't ;) Very tempting offer ($800 for the set), but, alas, have already exceeded my "triathlon gear I want but don't really need" budget for the season.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: HED Jet 5 Plus - thoughts/comments? [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, very tempting indeed. I'm considering these vs Flo 30s or 45s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW I have the jet 6 plus, not sure how different they could possibly be from the 5s in terms of real world feel and performance...

Great wheels, love the width, they roll great and handle well. I use them 100% of the time, training and racing.

I was between flo and hed and found a killer deal so i just pounced on it before waiting for a flo purchase event. Also FWIW as it relates to Flo, a Flo 60 set is 1950g and Jet 5 plus is 1640g. Weight ain't everything obv but if you value weight it is a somewhat significant savings with the Hed.
Quote Reply
Re: HED Jet 5 Plus - thoughts/comments? [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you use these for Tris, training or regular road riding.

I had a set of Flo 60/90s, but recently sold those.

These will be used as everyday wheels - mostly on my road bike. Any thoughts? Not sure if I should be looking at wheels that are less deep.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6/9 or 6/6 are good all around depth wheels. I have used them for training but mostly racing. Some people use the same wheel set for both training and racing.

One thing that I should have mentioned is the wheel depth is a carbon fairing that is not heavy or weight bearing. Meaning if you hang your bike from hooks or such it can damage the wheels.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I looked at those they make very nice Wheels. With that said I have had two sets of Flos and I'm very happy with them did you ever consider a set of flo sixties. they are extremely manageable even in decent amount of wind
Quote Reply
Re: HED Jet 5 Plus - thoughts/comments? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did. I had the Flo 60/90 and sold them. I was very happy with them but I had some fit issues with my Cervelo S5. I probably should have tried a different tire, but was able to unload them without much effort.

The HED Jet 5 + were a good deal though at $800... We'll see when I pick them up if I will keep them. Otherwise, it's either the Flo 30 or 45 in June during the next sale.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For those of you who purchased these from Performance, are you still happy with them? It looks like they are on sale again this weekend.

Janyne
Quote Reply
Re: HED Jet 5 Plus - thoughts/comments? [jmkizer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I'm pleased with them so far. Would be interested to hear others' thoughts/comments as well.
Quote Reply