Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Shiv + AlphaX Undermount (slammed config) [Brett runs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brett runs wrote:
gregtay wrote:
No worries. I am guessing you are taller and your seat is significantly higher than mine. If I had a S or XS frame then I am sure I would have needed some spacers just like you did. How do you like the Alpha X? Any issues?

I love them. Couldn't get the zipp bars through the holders originally but nothing a light sand didn't fix. I was really impressed with the fit guide and being able to match my old position straight up without the need for another fit.

I has the same issue. At first I didn't think they were going to fit but it worked out. I find the Alpha X isn't quite as stiffed as the Specialized carbon bar, not really an issue but it is something I need to get use to. I love the Ergo arm cups.. that's what finally pushed me over the edge to pull the trigger.

Quote | Reply
SrSalitre wrote:
Nice setup! I am considering doing the same in mine.
Question: what is your go-to BTA /bike computer solution for this setup?

VERY good question... I haven't figured this out yet. BTA is easy as I can just mount on the top of the Alpha stem (which you can do when you undermount.) But still haven't figured out how/where I am going to mount my Garmin. I like it out as far forward as possible.

Quote | Reply
I just had the same issue with my TriRig Sigma X and Alpha Classics. I ended up just cutting an old extension and making my own bridge across the extensions. I moved it out to where I like it and can still run my BTA with no issues.

I just have to figure out how I can use my aero bottle as my BTA and have a small straw sticking out.
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv + AlphaX Undermount (slammed config) [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
I just had the same issue with my TriRig Sigma X and Alpha Classics. I ended up just cutting an old extension and making my own bridge across the extensions. I moved it out to where I like it and can still run my BTA with no issues.

I just have to figure out how I can use my aero bottle as my BTA and have a small straw sticking out.

Good idea.. might need to give that a try. My project for the weekend is to get this figured out.

Quote | Reply
This is the set up that I am racing this weekend. My armrests are close together so my normal bottle does not fit. With the aero bottle like shown my arms are nice and close. Just enough room between my arms for this bottle.

Quote Reply
Re: Shiv + AlphaX Undermount (slammed config) [gregtay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregtay wrote:
SrSalitre wrote:

VERY good question... I haven't figured this out yet. BTA is easy as I can just mount on the top of the Alpha stem (which you can do when you undermount.) But still haven't figured out how/where I am going to mount my Garmin. I like it out as far forward as possible.

I have this garmin mount from Alden Designs that works really well because I can mount it right up front where the visibility is good. (hopefully the pic comes through ok, sometimes I seem to be able to see it and others cannot)

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Last edited by: robgray: May 21, 17 11:15
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv + AlphaX Undermount (slammed config) [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robgray wrote:
gregtay wrote:
SrSalitre wrote:

I have this garmin mount from Alden Designs that works really well because I can mount it right up front where the visibility is good. (hopefully the pic comes through ok, sometimes I seem to be able to see it and others cannot)

Thanks. Photo didn't come through but I went to their website and looked it up. I might have to check this out, looks like a nice clean option.

Quote | Reply
gregtay wrote:
I was originally going to try the tilt kit but it added stack and complexity. Turns out the Evo 110's did the trick for getting my hands higher and everything is comfy, so we will skip the tilt for now.

Curious, with the EVO 110 getting your hands higher instead of a flatter bar with tilt do you find that the angle of your forearms don't seat properly in the pads? I currently have some tilt but switching bars to Zipp Vuka with EVO 70 (my current bars only have 50m of rise with some tilt). Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv + AlphaX Undermount (slammed config) [Stelvio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stelvio wrote:
gregtay wrote:
I was originally going to try the tilt kit but it added stack and complexity. Turns out the Evo 110's did the trick for getting my hands higher and everything is comfy, so we will skip the tilt for now.

Curious, with the EVO 110 getting your hands higher instead of a flatter bar with tilt do you find that the angle of your forearms don't seat properly in the pads? I currently have some tilt but switching bars to Zipp Vuka with EVO 70 (my current bars only have 50m of rise with some tilt). Thanks.

Great question and something I was worried about... figured if it was an issue I would order the tilt kit. But after a 3 hour ride today (mostly I aero) I can tell you it ain't an issue, the ergo cups level with the rise of the detentions is super comfy and not an issue. I am sure it would be even more comfy if the cups were tilted but I see no reason to do so, my current setup works great.

Quote | Reply
Thanks. Great to know. I was worried that I would be limited. I imagine at some angle it wouldn't work but glad to hear at these small angles it is ok.
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv + AlphaX Undermount (slammed config) [gregtay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what's the piece between the stem and entry point of the wires? that black piece?

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv + AlphaX Undermount (slammed config) [bmeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bmeer wrote:
what's the piece between the stem and entry point of the wires? that black piece?
That is the topcap that comes with the Shiv carbon Aero bars (which I believe are on s-Works and Pro trim levels?) It was designed to keep a nice aero flow as you transition from the stem to the Shiv control tower. I have been asked this question a lot so apparently this piece does not come on all Shivs. I am sure your local shop can order one up.

Prev Next