Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Can you find North Korea on a map? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
JSA wrote:
j p o wrote:

Today's challenge: without looking, take a sheet of paper and draw the US with states, Europe, and the Middle East.

I have an eidetic memory, so I can see those maps very clearly in my head. But, I cannot draw - not even a little bit - so I would fail your challenge for that reason. When I say "I cannot draw," I mean that quite literally. Even the simplest of sketches is well beyond me. I'm great with CAD, but freehand I can barely draw a 3-d box.

But you can draw perfectly a close up of Trump's balls from memory.

I have never gotten a good look at them, what with them being in your mouth all the time.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Can you find North Korea on a map? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
j p o wrote:

Today's challenge: without looking, take a sheet of paper and draw the US with states, Europe, and the Middle East.

I have an eidetic memory, so I can see those maps very clearly in my head. But, I cannot draw - not even a little bit - so I would fail your challenge for that reason. When I say "I cannot draw," I mean that quite literally. Even the simplest of sketches is well beyond me. I'm great with CAD, but freehand I can barely draw a 3-d box.

Aww honey, what a nice cat/cow/dog/chicken/fish ....

Uh, that's you mom.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Can you find North Korea on a map? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Interesting results.

Only 36% of surveyed adults could locate it; men far more often than women; Democrats less so than independents (highest degree of accuracy) or Republicans. And generally speaking, the as participants moved further from the actual map location, the greater their preference for military intervention over diplomatic engagement.

FWIW.

If Americans Can Find North Korea on a Map, They’re More Likely to Prefer Diplomacy

I can find NK on a map, and I'd love for us to take out its Dear Leader. Then again, I have quite a few wasp stings from all the times I've found nests that I just couldn't leave alone. To paraphrase Mike Tyson, "Everybody's got a plan until you get that first wasp sting."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
I'd bet among those who could locate NK, a vast majority would fail miserably trying to identify even half of Eastern Europe, Africa, South America, and aven Middle Eastern nations. It's really not of any functional value to the average citizen. Mrs sphere is extremely smart, advanced degree in biological science, highly competent in her field, zero chance of her finding NK on a map.

Probably, NK isn't awash in other countries in the region.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here you go:

https://lizardpoint.com/geography/

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Can you find North Korea on a map? [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:
mck414 wrote:
It's north of South Korea, duh.

.. and east of West Korea.

Best Korea is East of West Korea.

I can't believe how many morons live in close proximity to me... and they're allowed to reproduce. Shit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Another "look how many dumb Americans there are that wanna bomb shit" fake news story...

If only everyone is this country could be as awesome as people who live in Manhattan...

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Can you find North Korea on a map? [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Can you find North Korea on a map? [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
This shouldn't bee too surprising - I remember that recent surveys showed that approx. 1 in 10 Americans can't even find the USA on a map.

Has it really been 10 years already?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Can you find North Korea on a map? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Guffaw wrote:
This shouldn't bee too surprising - I remember that recent surveys showed that approx. 1 in 10 Americans can't even find the USA on a map.

An oldie but goody!

Here we have the "Ok Google, where is North Korea?" or "Siri, where is North Korea?" generation.

BTW, I just asked my one of my home school son's, who I thought might not know where NK is located, and his reply was "just East of 'Jina" (in a faux Trump voice).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Another "look how many dumb Americans there are that wanna bomb shit" fake news story...

If only everyone is this country could be as awesome as people who live in Manhattan...

What's fake about it? I'd agree that ignorance of how the rest of the world works (which is more than a little influenced by geography) is a legit shortcoming. Maybe not front page of the NYT worthy as news, but that doesn't make it fake.
Quote Reply
Re: Can you find North Korea on a map? [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
Duffy wrote:

What's fake about it? I'd agree that ignorance of how the rest of the world works (which is more than a little influenced by geography) is a legit shortcoming. Maybe not front page of the NYT worthy as news, but that doesn't make it fake.

If it annoys Duffy, it's automatically fake news.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Post deleted by SS88 [ In reply to ]
Re: Can you find North Korea on a map? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Guffaw wrote:

Let's be fair, she did note "...and help the Asian countries" - that counts, right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reminds me of this one

Last edited by: timbasile: May 15, 17 17:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
OneGoodLeg wrote:
Duffy wrote:

I don't believe so few can find NK, for one. I think the poll is just as accurate as the ones that said Hillary would win in a landslide.

This is just a recycled story with North Korea replacing Iraq. NYT probably just used the same story template and just changed names and dates.

I thought the reason for the low correct response rate was because the NYT polled its own readers.
Quote Reply

Prev Next