Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help choosing bike computer
Quote | Reply
Looking to buy a bike computer that Will attach to my xlab torpedo bta. All I need is ability to record HR from a mio link, and power/ cadence from a power2max. Looking at garmin 520, and wahoo bolt. Any advice or other suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Help choosing bike computer [KONO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
520 is a solid device. No complaints. Actually even the 500 still works fine for what you want.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KONO wrote:
Looking to buy a bike computer that Will attach to my xlab torpedo bta. All I need is ability to record HR from a mio link, and power/ cadence from a power2max. Looking at garmin 520, and wahoo bolt. Any advice or other suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.

Would highly recommend the Garmin 520. It has basically been 8 years now with either the Garmin 500 and now the 520 and they both were very good. Although I skipped the 510 and have killed an Edge 500 and 520 or two, I still don't think there is anything better than these devices.. I bet if you calculated which electronic product sold the closest in the industry to it actually MAP it would be the 520 and 500.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've owned a 520 since new. If I were buying today, I would go for the bolt without hesitation.
Quote Reply
Re: Help choosing bike computer [commendatore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
commendatore wrote:
I've owned a 520 since new. If I were buying today, I would go for the bolt without hesitation.

I've owned 520 since it came out, but I agree in at least giving the bolt some serious thought. It seems like a very solid device
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I too am in the market for a bike computer. Have been in the Garmin eco system forever but have strongly been considering the Wahoo Elemnt Bolt.

Seems like a solid value at $250 and reviews have been great that I can see. It may be worth considering.
Quote Reply
Re: Help choosing bike computer [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the 520...solid. However, I am looking at the Bolt. Does the Bolt use the same mount as a Garmin?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a 920xt using the "quick release" kit and a normal Garmin mount. I have it set up to just display power. The small device allows me to run a larger BTA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Garmin 500 edge all day. Does everything you need and is more durable than a Nokia 3310
Quote Reply
Re: Help choosing bike computer [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
I like the 520...solid. However, I am looking at the Bolt. Does the Bolt use the same mount as a Garmin?

Unfortunately not

Matt
Quote Reply