Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Toronto Police - Dealing with Wildlife....
Quote | Reply

Quote:
@ONresources @TPS42Div@TheTorontoZoo The bear has been seized and is no longer at large. Thank you all for all of your retweets ^ma @TPS42Div

Seized? Afraid of the fucking twitter storm are ye? You bunch of jackasses shot and killed the bear. Too chicken to tell like it is eh.

Quote Reply
Re: Toronto Police - Dealing with Wildlife.... [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. However they killed the bear at 2am. It was in someone's backyard and wasn't a threat to anyone. They had time to find tranquilizer.

Now TO police dont have tranquilizer which is fien. They have never needed it since bears don't enter the city. Until Saturday anyway. But Shirley they have some at the zoo. Shirley someone in the city has some.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's what happens when the government institutes a Bear Tax, I.E. the greatest tax hike in history. The Bear Patrol, with their fancy guns and helicopters, gets to run with virtually no oversight. But, make sure you place the blame where it rightfully belongs, on illegal immigrants.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Toronto Police - Dealing with Wildlife.... [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are these people getting stupider or just louder?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My brother posted to Facebook on Saturday that the police would shoot the bear.

Quote Reply
Re: Toronto Police - Dealing with Wildlife.... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
My brother posted to Facebook on Saturday that the police would shoot the bear.

Then it's mostly your brother's fault.

We have bears scampering through people's back yards fairly regularly -- sometimes it's about half the police reports and you can almost follow the path of the bear based on the streets of the reported sightings.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are not gonna be a lot of people on call for tranqing. My wife is certified but the drugs are schedule 1 or 2 or whatever so thats a hurdle. Secondly the stuff is a lot harder to dose than you think it is. In this situation you would basically have to dose it really close to killing it and it takes a lot longer than in the movies. If something were to happen the liability would be bad since animals are pretty disoriented and agitated after they wake up.
Quote Reply
Re: Toronto Police - Dealing with Wildlife.... [adambeston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of the departments thanked for re-tweeting was the Ontario MNR, pretty sure they have the people there that know how to do this sort of thing.

As a side note, I'm going to guess the bear was a yearling boar and likely not more than 200 lbs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
One of the departments thanked for re-tweeting was the Ontario MNR, pretty sure they have the people there that know how to do this sort of thing.

As a side note, I'm going to guess the bear was a yearling boar and likely not more than 200 lbs.

That is why they shot it, to turn into Canadian bacon.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MNR officials were too busy harassing people who accidentally caught musky out of season while fishing for pickerel.

Quote Reply
Re: Toronto Police - Dealing with Wildlife.... [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:

That is why they shot it, to turn into Canadian bacon.

Toronto cops? Probably all vegan, likely just outright afraid that winnie wanted their honey.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Right now the Toronto cops are trying to get back into the gay pride parade after the black lives matter people got them banned.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this thread has turned into a perfect storm of ridiculousness

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are these people getting stupider or just louder?

Both - when it comes to dealing with the natural world.

Since so many people grow up, live their lives in-full, in large cities and never leave, in some ways it's not surprising. There is absolutely no connection with nature or the natural world in ANY way. So, bears, or anything like that are looked upon as a threat, and need to be eliminated - there is no sympathy or understanding at all! You'll get very little support, for more moderate, reasonable and common-sense measures. The Police, I sense, know that, do they act accordingly. It's terribly unfortunate, but understandable, given the massive ignorance out there!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Toronto Police - Dealing with Wildlife.... [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since the MNR couldn't deal with it quickly, and Animal Services couldn't deal with it at all the only other option is the Zoo and I think they're still on strike.

I'm waiting for people (like Ted Nugent!) to say this is why we need to bring back the spring bear hunt. We don't.
Quote Reply
Re: Toronto Police - Dealing with Wildlife.... [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DAMN! I forgot all about the Zoo strike.

WE NEED A FUCKING BEAR PATROL!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply