Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shimano synchro shifting help please
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to set up the synchro shifting for my road bike. I have a 52-36 and 11-28. It does fine when shifting up at 36-12 (3.00 gear inches I assume) to 52-17 (3.06). Its pretty seamless. On the way down is where it seems to have troubel. It's currently set to shift at 52-25 down (2.08) down to 36-17 (2.12). Seems to result in a little out of control spinning for a second.
Anyone encounter this and what do you have yours set at?

thx
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano synchro shifting help please [IMStillTrying] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see the same on my road bike, it's too slow shifting the rear cogs so you end up spinning against no resistance for a couple seconds. The weird thing is my TT bike doesn't do that, the rear shifts are plenty quick there. I guess I need to go back into the app and compare all the settings to see if I can find any difference to display the different behavior.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMStillTrying wrote:
I'm trying to set up the synchro shifting for my road bike. I have a 52-36 and 11-28. It does fine when shifting up at 36-12 (3.00 gear inches I assume) to 52-17 (3.06). Its pretty seamless. On the way down is where it seems to have troubel. It's currently set to shift at 52-25 down (2.08) down to 36-17 (2.12). Seems to result in a little out of control spinning for a second.
Anyone encounter this and what do you have yours set at?

thx

are you sure the high/ low in the are set right? I thought I had mine dialed in but upshifting was wonky...hesitant in certain gearing. Had to have the shop do their magic to it.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano synchro shifting help please [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no idea. Changed it a few times so I cant remember what it was originally set at. What's yours set at?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorry, high/ low set screws; rear derailleur
Quote Reply