Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Brklyn running Mc Carren Park
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone,
I will be in greenpoint area next week and was lookin for advice where to log some running mls.
Since I don't think I'll get some biking in the schedule.
Seen this park and want to know if the track is open to public? Hrs? Price?
Any input will be appreciated.
Thanks a lot.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: Brklyn running Mc Carren Park [shoki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey,

It's open to the public 5am to midnight - but it's technically never closed/locked however lights are off. There's pretty much always room on the track but early morning is definitely the best time for faster workouts. A few running clubs train here, including NBR: https://northbrooklynrunners.org. All their runs are free so just tag along if you want some company for the workout. There's a schedule on the website. Or shoot me a PM, I live one block from the track and know the area well if you need pointers for longer runs!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stay not far from the park in Williamsburg a decent amount. Nice track. I've run the track early mornings a bunch of times. I actually don't know if you're supposed to pay but never had an issue (I really don;t think you have to pay). There's no schedule.

There's also a pretty great pool (free admission) at the park that I know used to have lane swim.

But since I run early before things get crowded and tend to prefer running on the street. you can weave your way up and down close to the water which is pretty nice.

have fun
Quote Reply
Re: Brklyn running Mc Carren Park [bigredrude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Run across to Roosevelt island
Run to Prospect Park
Cross into the city and do Central Park
Astoria Park
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That track is nice for interval work. Rubber and open all the time. I suggest running along the water near Kent ave going north past w'burg. Do some repeats on Brooklyn bridge. It's a slight incline both ways for about a mile into Manhattan. Or keep running past red hook to dumbo and across Manhattan bridge, head north in manhattan and cross the Brooklyn bridge back to W'burg/G point -- that might be 10+miles. You'll run through hipsterville, hasidic Jewish neighbourhoods, and diverse Latin areas. Pretty cool run.

You should consider running back/forth to the Hamilton Fish 50m outdoor pool in lower East manhattan. Free and outdoor. I think it's open now through September (you may need to sign the waiver online prior to going). Great pool. Actually has a little current which makes it harder way and easier the way back. Eat brekkie at Clinton Street Bakert afterwards. You've earned it!!
Last edited by: tri@thlete: May 12, 17 12:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone, all I needed to know. I'll check the park Tuesday or Wednesday and look for longer stuff later the week.

-shoki
Quote Reply