Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any Fuji Norcom owners?
Quote | Reply
I know this isn't a bike that gets much love on these forums, especially now it's getting on a bit, I'm just curious if anyone else has internal di2 setup on it? If so how was it? I've nearly got all the parts to start the install and it's my first tt bike/ internal di2 installation so I'm still a bit unsure on how to secure the battery inside the aero seatpost (I'm assuming just the usual battery bungs but unsure if these will work with aero post) and on wire lengths. Other than that excited to get it sorted!
Quote Reply
Re: Any Fuji Norcom owners? [Pb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pb wrote:
I know this isn't a bike that gets much love on these forums, especially now it's getting on a bit, I'm just curious if anyone else has internal di2 setup on it? If so how was it? I've nearly got all the parts to start the install and it's my first tt bike/ internal di2 installation so I'm still a bit unsure on how to secure the battery inside the aero seatpost (I'm assuming just the usual battery bungs but unsure if these will work with aero post) and on wire lengths. Other than that excited to get it sorted!

2015 model. with battery on seatpost. and don't worry about love, this forum is full of elitists who like mass market bikes :) I've passed plenty of cervelos....
Quote Reply
Re: Any Fuji Norcom owners? [Bypasskid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah that's a shame, I can't seem to find many people at all who have the non seatpost battery version! I'm assuming it's just like any other tt bike in terms of seatpost battery fitting!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't mind moving the battery and all the wires somewhere where I can't see but doesn't seem to be a way
Quote Reply
Re: Any Fuji Norcom owners? [Bypasskid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
According to Fuji it should be fine, not wanting to take the bb out until I've got all of the parts but I'm assuming everything just fits around the bb like most bikes and the battery inside the seatpost (Fuji said it will)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a Fuji guy on this forum. You can find his contact in the official Fuji Norcom Straight thread. I think he'd be able to give you better answers.
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ad_P4548643/?page=-1

I don't own a Fuji Norcom and don't know for sure. However, I did consider buying it so looked into it. It would appear that the seatpost changed at some point in time. Early pictures of of Norcom feature a seatpost with rear bosses for mounting an external battery. Recent versions of Norcom feature seatposts without the rear bosses. I assume only the new seatposts are internal DI2 compatible.
Last edited by: bloodyshogun: May 11, 17 13:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I work at a Fuji dealer, and am going to be getting a Norcom Straight 1.1 frameset in the next couple weeks. My plan is to take the Di2 stuff from my current bike and put it on the Fuji, all internally routed. I have set one up before, but the battery was already installed, so I didn't have to mess around with that.

I race duathlons and like it.
Quote Reply
Re: Any Fuji Norcom owners? [Alex E] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alex E wrote:
I work at a Fuji dealer, and am going to be getting a Norcom Straight 1.1 frameset in the next couple weeks. My plan is to take the Di2 stuff from my current bike and put it on the Fuji, all internally routed. I have set one up before, but the battery was already installed, so I didn't have to mess around with that.

I have a 2015. is it possible to make the cockpit a little cleaner? I looked just don't see how
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a '14 Straight 1.1 from the local women's cycling team, and it was all Di2 routed internally. The battery was in the seatpost and held by this slick set of rubber wedges similar to the one labeled "Propel ADV SL ISP" in this photo. Frame ended up too small and I moved the whole setup over to another bike, but it was a clean, beautiful rig with everything internal.
Quote Reply