Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt IA1 rear brake
Quote | Reply
has anybody installed a tri rig omega x in the rear and had it fit under thr cover? the stock one is really giving me fits lately, it is really sticky, even after cleaning it, it still wont fully open sometimes, and i want to snag something a bit more reliable
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA1 rear brake [Viper966] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you find anyting on this, I would love to know. I have already had that thing lock up on me twice during wet conditions. Even if it didnt fit under the cover, I would still go with a tririg break, as long as it fits.

Insta: Trihennessy - Out Rival Racing Elite Team
- Roka - WattieInk - NormaTec - QUINTANA ROO - Profile Design - Pioneer - Gatorade Endurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've not tried the tririg but keeping the brakes opening well can be a challenge. To get my front brake opening again recently I had to completely disassemble clean and grease as per instructions (do NOT use wd40! Read cleaning instructions!) And I recabled it. This worked. For the rear, when it won't open it is usually because the top cap is pinching the cable because I did not get the expansion plug all the way flush with the steerer. That's because I travel with a hen house bag so I take the fork off pretty often.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: May 11, 17 7:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how old is it?
The original material had an issue, and felt replaces those rear brakes (and adds a stronger spring).

Take it to a retailer and you should be able to get it replaced.

Once i did that, everything seemed to work well
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Viper966 wrote:
has anybody installed a tri rig omega x in the rear and had it fit under thr cover? the stock one is really giving me fits lately, it is really sticky, even after cleaning it, it still wont fully open sometimes, and i want to snag something a bit more reliable

I have one on my IA10 and fits and functions perfectly. However I don't know if the mounts and opening are the same on IAx vs IAxx models.
Last edited by: ChrisT: May 11, 17 9:07
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA1 rear brake [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Omega X is compatible with both the original IA and the non-integrated IAxx frames. If you want to use the cover on the original integrated IA models you will have to do some DIY modifications. I believe some users have done this but I don't have any pictures.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA1 rear brake [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
The Omega X is compatible with both the original IA and the non-integrated IAxx frames. If you want to use the cover on the original integrated IA models you will have to do some DIY modifications. I believe some users have done this but I don't have any pictures.

Do you happen to know if it's compatible with the Felt DA? (most recent model).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one of the first IA FRD and had brake issues with the rear right from the start. Drove the LBS crazy. Felt finally realized there was a problem. (Mine would lock up). I was afraid to race it. They changed my brakes last summer with new updated ones. Many many miles later they have been perfect.
Quote Reply