Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quitana Roo AD, Real Results 4:43 , Jodi Robertson Ironman Texas =========>
Quote | Reply
Any thoughts on this Quintana Roo ad. It has now disappeared as of writing this and I didn't screenshot. For those that don't see the ads turn off your ad blocker. Anyway, with the Aero Shootout I guess this is a little more pertinent but I thought it was interesting. I mean Jodi Robertson is a 2:30 marathoner I believe. Obviously a huge engine. Clearly the ad is a generic ad but at least for the ST crowd wouldn't it be better to say the quoted "4:43" bike time and then provide a watts/rider weight instead.

Interesting to juxtapose against Matt Hanson, who has been to ERO twice, who also won on QR, but didn't have the fastest bike time by about 12 mins. I get the ad advertises to the general audience. Maybe I am overestimating the knowledge base of the lurkers of ST.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Quitana Roo AD, Real Results 4:43 , Jodi Robertson Ironman Texas =========> [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i believe there are 8 QR ads running in a rotation. a little inside baseball, you can blame me for that. the original was to run 1 ad (in 2 sizes) with 4 panes in the animation. i recommended they make each of those panes its own ad, each a static ad, so that you could actually read it if you wanted to. but this means you're going to need to wait awhile to see the ad you refer to again show on a page, since each is going to run only a fourth as many times as the original animation would've run. here is the one i suspect you're referring to:

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Quitana Roo AD, Real Results 4:43 , Jodi Robertson Ironman Texas =========> [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Any thoughts on this Quintana Roo ad. It has now disappeared as of writing this and I didn't screenshot. For those that don't see the ads turn off your ad blocker. Anyway, with the Aero Shootout I guess this is a little more pertinent but I thought it was interesting. I mean Jodi Robertson is a 2:30 marathoner I believe. Obviously a huge engine. Clearly the ad is a generic ad but at least for the ST crowd wouldn't it be better to say the quoted "4:43" bike time and then provide a watts/rider weight instead.

Interesting to juxtapose against Matt Hanson, who has been to ERO twice, who also won on QR, but didn't have the fastest bike time by about 12 mins. I get the ad advertises to the general audience. Maybe I am overestimating the knowledge base of the lurkers of ST.

It MUST be the bike because her position looks disastrous.
Quote Reply
Re: Quitana Roo AD, Real Results 4:43 , Jodi Robertson Ironman Texas =========> [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
It MUST be the bike because her position looks disastrous.

here is a pic from QR's blog:

it's a bit unfair to juxtapose her with matt. when i plot guys' pad x/y matt is routinely the longest/lowest guy among them. still, yes, jodie is somewhere in brent mcmahon (also now a QR athlete) and tyler butterfield territory.

could she be lower? yes. is it a disaster? a lot of slowtwitchers would love to look that disastrous.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Quitana Roo AD, Real Results 4:43 , Jodi Robertson Ironman Texas =========> [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about I rephrase to:

"She sure might benefit from QR's new PR6 stem..."

;)

Also, this is one of those moments where it's hard to argue with the results. BUT...she is obviously good in spite of what might be a sub-optimal IM context position, not because of her position.
Quote Reply
Re: Quitana Roo AD, Real Results 4:43 , Jodi Robertson Ironman Texas =========> [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Also, this is one of those moments where it's hard to argue with the results. BUT...she is obviously good in spite of what might be a sub-optimal IM context position, not because of her position.

can i make step on my feet here? and state the obvious? at the risk of getting a toilet flushed on my head?

it's relative. the women. the men. there are great positions among the women, and bad positions among the men, but in general the men are more refined in their bike positions. part of this is the whole 650 issue. part of it is that women just don't get the attention or access men get in refining their positions. but the bottom line, jodie is not forced to race against those with, on average, markedly better positions than hers.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply