Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anybody Following the Seattle Mayor Story?
Quote | Reply
It reads like a Grisham novel.

http://www.seattletimes.com/...ls-sex-abuse-claims/

Thumbnail is this: Seattle's gay mayor is accused of paying teenage boys for sex back in the eighties. The attorney representing one of the accusers, named Lincoln Beauregard (is this Grisham or what!) is getting slapped by a judge for flirting with ethics violations. The mayor who is a millionaire is claiming his partner holds all the assets (not true).

As juicy stories go, this one is really a paperback waiting to be written.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody Following the Seattle Mayor Story? [MLCRISES] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, but is one of them having a meltdown?
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody Following the Seattle Mayor Story? [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The story is radioactive

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Anybody Following the Seattle Mayor Story? [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's definitely going nuclear!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just read about it my reaction was to be surprised an actual openly gay politician was being accused and not some conservative closeted gay one which often seems to be the case.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You and the author of this story are clearly homophobic.

Why do you hate gay people?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody Following the Seattle Mayor Story? [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
I just read about it my reaction was to be surprised an actual openly gay politician was being accused and not some conservative closeted gay one which often seems to be the case.

Your presumption that only gay conservative's buy sex is funny. Never heard of Jack Layton eh?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:

Your presumption that only gay conservative's buy sex is funny. Never heard of Jack Layton eh?

That's not my presumption at all which is why I used the word often and not always.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:

His presumption was that frequently conservatives buy gay sex. Jack bought him some good 'ol fashion straight sex.

Quote Reply
Re: Anybody Following the Seattle Mayor Story? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

Are you joking or looking to pick a fight?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MLCRISES wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Far left satire.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
MLCRISES wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Far left satire.

Ahh. I need a graphic representation of personalities around here. Knowing who stands where on what would be helpful in getting my sarcasm detector calibrated
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's the problem...

I don't like Trump and generally lean a little left of centre. To people who lean far right around here I am practically a communist/tree hugging/triggered millennial and get labeled as such.

Also it's hard to tell the difference between satire and lunacy these days.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Here's the problem...

I don't like Trump and generally lean a little left of centre. To people who lean far right around here I am practically a communist/tree hugging/triggered millennial and get labeled as such.

This is what I hate most about our political climate. There is no centre. You're either a communist or a heartless far right staunch conservative.

We just had a provincial election yesterday. My Facebook feed was full of people referring to our liberals as a 'hard right' or 'far right' party. I usually don't get in to discussions on Facebook, but I couldn't help but point out that CBC's own online political compass showed them as dead centre on social issues and just ever so slightly right of centre on economics, and CBC is a bit left bias!

When this is the climate we operate in, we will get nowhere, and only end up with more and more ridiculous candidates. Rob Ford was just the tip of the iceberg.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody Following the Seattle Mayor Story? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And now the fucking green party holds the balance of power in BC. Great...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup. All of 3 seats.

Honestly, the greens seem to be liberals in hippie clothing. I don't mind Weaver. He will work with anyone.

Houragan is a complete chump. His 'victory' speech included "bc has waited 16 years for a government that works for it's people". Hey John, just a tip, if you haven't won in 16 years, maybe the problem isn't with everybody else...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Here's the problem...

Also it's hard to tell the difference between satire and lunacy these days.

Practically?

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MLCRISES wrote:
It reads like a Grisham novel.

http://www.seattletimes.com/...ls-sex-abuse-claims/

Thumbnail is this: Seattle's gay mayor is accused of paying teenage boys for sex back in the eighties. The attorney representing one of the accusers, named Lincoln Beauregard (is this Grisham or what!) is getting slapped by a judge for flirting with ethics violations. The mayor who is a millionaire is claiming his partner holds all the assets (not true).

As juicy stories go, this one is really a paperback waiting to be written.

I would rather he was voted out of office for his incompetence and grandstanding than this. One interesting side note is the whole Key Arena/SODO Arena saga. Its not often mayoral candidacies are a topic for sport radio.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MLCRISES wrote:

Ahh. I need a graphic representation of personalities around here. Knowing who stands where on what would be helpful in getting my sarcasm detector calibrated

The (unwritten?) rule is that sarcastic statements are to be typed in pink. Some follow it; others don't.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody Following the Seattle Mayor Story? [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP's middle name is "Sarcasm"

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody Following the Seattle Mayor Story? [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
BLeP's middle name is "Sarcasm"

That's surprising. ;-)

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We just had a provincial election yesterday. My Facebook feed was full of people referring to our liberals as a 'hard right' or 'far right' party.

Only on Facebook could people think the B.C liberals are "far right" and that is a big stretch, even for them. They are about as close to center as you could get in Canada.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody Following the Seattle Mayor Story? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
We just had a provincial election yesterday. My Facebook feed was full of people referring to our liberals as a 'hard right' or 'far right' party.

Only on Facebook could people think the B.C liberals are "far right" and that is a big stretch, even for them. They are about as close to center as you could get in Canada.

I know. It's maddening.

I guess they are the most right of our major parties but that's not saying much.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Must be something in the water up there ~ Just down the road, I coulda sworn that Portland's openly gay mayor recently had a very similar scandal.

Now, if only he were being investigated by his own police dept and then fired the police chief, his defenders would try and spin the story to make it about whether or not the chief deserved to get fired for doing his job poorly six months ago and not because the mayor was trying to stop the PR bleeding right now...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

I know. It's maddening.

I guess they are the most right of our major parties but that's not saying much.

Read up on the results, so you guys are actually in limbo in 3 constituencies and the Liberals only need one more seat to actually hold the balance of power. One seat was taken by the NDP with only 9 votes and the others were Liberal seats with a difference of less than 200 for each. Not sure how it works in BC, but in Alberta I think a 9 vote separation triggers an automatic recount.
Quote Reply