Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best if used by November 2015. Is this just marketing talk or real?
Quote | Reply
Infinit Nutrition Go Far sports drink. The container says best used by November 2015. It doesn't say it expires, just 'best used by'. Why? Wondering if this is just marketing gimmick because I have a dozen one serving packs I received from races that have NO 'best use by date'.

Last edited by: Economist: May 9, 17 11:43
Quote Reply
Re: Best if used by November 2015. Is this just marketing talk or real? [Economist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I once gave a vanilla PowerGel that was two years out of date to a friend as I passed him when he was bonking at the end of a 50 mile mountain bike race. It wasn't unsafe to eat, but the consistency had changed to a nasty, snot-like substance that made him gag. Thank goodness he was only 3 miles from the finish.
Quote Reply
Re: Best if used by November 2015. Is this just marketing talk or real? [Economist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Upside: save less than $50.
Downside: puke or a nasty case of the runs.

I would spend $50 to avoid the runs. Just spitballin' here...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Skip to 1:15 mark
Couldn't resist

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Last edited by: mck414: May 9, 17 13:13
Quote Reply