Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Opinions about St. George to live...
Quote | Reply
My wife and I live in Coeurdalene, Idaho. Very beautiful this time of year and very cold in the winter. We are looking for a warmer place to live with modest housing prices etc. Has anyone been to or lived in St George? Any and all opinions are appreciated. We are looking for a triathlete friendly place with a good overall vibe in the area.
Thank You
Larry
Quote Reply
Re: Opinions about St. George to live... [Larryl115] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been fortune enough to have lived there on two separate occasions. It is, in my opinion, heaven on earth. If you decide to move there, check out the town of Ivins. The people are really nice, but the town closes down on Sundays because of the large Mormon population. They're good people, though. I have nothing bad to say about that. The weather is nice, the scenery is spectacular, and the riding is also really good. There are two main pools- that are open year round, and you are 1 1/2 hours outside of Vegas if you get the itch to go. Also, there is an active tri scene, and a couple of really good cycling shops, and if you're into golf, about eight different courses. I wish we could move back, but unless you own a business, are retired, or in the education field, it is kind of difficult to make a living there. If I were you, I'd jump at the chance.

"There are two ways to slide easily through life- to believe everything and to doubt everything- both ways save us from thinking "- Korzbyski
Quote Reply
Re: Opinions about St. George to live... [newguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank u...we arrive there on the 28th to check it out
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Larryl115 wrote:
Very beautiful this time of year and very cold in the winter. We are looking for a warmer place to live with modest housing prices etc.

Why St George? I love southern Utah, but not year round. St George is hotter than hades in summer. Not that warm in winter either. And not that cheap.

Outside of the S CA coast, the most moderate year-round climate is in the SW mountain areas.

For instance, this is St George:

And this is Bisbee, AZ:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Larryl115 wrote:
So we have heard! Mesquite?

Yup. Don't live there, but have the place to "visit often". Great golf, great asphalt, and an all around nice place to live. But as some have mentioned: it gets HOT in summer down this way. Been down in July...and there was barely enough beer to keep me pushing through my round of golf (and you had to finish it by the time you made the green or it was warm).

No clue the tri scene, but will be making St.George on my list of 70.3s to do since its close by.
Quote Reply