Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Will the Pats pay up?
Quote | Reply
http://www.cnn.com/...on-abated/index.html

Aaron Hernandez's conviction abated. It never happened. I guess the Pats have to make good on the rest of his contract now that it never happened? If they do, give it to his daughter who probably is too young to understand any of this.
Quote Reply
Re: Will the Pats pay up? [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. If they do have to pay, I would assume it goes to who/what is listed as his beneficiaries.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that's bullshit. I know the law says he's not guilty but everyone knows he was guilty.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That Pats settled a grievance with Hernandez in 2014 so they may be free and clear. Plus, his contract had to have some type of morality or detrimental to the team clause. Hernandez beneficiary will have access to his NFL pension which cannot be taken away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I read last week that his estate (daughter is the beneficiary) can receive his NFL pension, only thing the Pats could potentially be on the hook for is remainder of signing bonus rather than full value of contract ($39mm). I think them previously winning the grievance would wipe out anything due on the bonus, but I'm not a lawyer so don't know for sure if that is true.

A few members of the state legislature have already pushed to have that arcane law removed from the books. Agree with the comment above that he'll always be guilty in the court of public opinion.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Will the Pats pay up? [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But since its everything is erased will that nullify the grievance? I truly dont know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
I read last week that his estate (daughter is the beneficiary) can receive his NFL pension, only thing the Pats could potentially be on the hook for is remainder of signing bonus rather than full value of contract ($39mm). I think them previously winning the grievance would wipe out anything due on the bonus, but I'm not a lawyer so don't know for sure if that is true.

A few members of the state legislature have already pushed to have that arcane law removed from the books. Agree with the comment above that he'll always be guilty in the court of public opinion.

Why would they remove the law? It's a perfectly reasoned rationale application of the principles of our legal system
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:

Deadspin broke it down on Friday, but being Deadspin, I can't judge its accuracy

http://deadspin.com/...in-suicid-1794886712

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yea I read it will be up to the NFL if the Pats pay the rest of the bonus. Courts will not have a say. I read that just getting arrested alone can be enough for them to with hold the rest of that bonus.
Quote Reply
Re: Will the Pats pay up? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just talking to my BIL about it. He said that Hernandez commited suicide thinking his kid would get the money. He knew the conviction would be thrown out if he died.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply