Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vision Tri Max Pro - Ski Bends ?
Quote | Reply
Hoping someon can help with my friends extensions on an old P3, it has these bars :

He would like to change to a ski bend, what options do we have ?

Are we stuck with vision kit or can we use something generic from another manufacturer ?

Any recommendations for A) a good budget option and B) a posh option ?

Any help and advice appreciated :-)

WD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Vision Tri Max Pro - Ski Bends ? [WD Pro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not 100% sure, but based on my firsthand experience with Vision bars (not that particular model so much), any standard diameter extensions should work. What I can't tell from the pic is if those are the weird extensions that don't pass all the way through the bracket (I hope for friends' sake not, as those are a hassle and prone to slippage).

The real question is why s/he wants ski bends - is there something not comfortable about the existing extensions? Personally I just switched from ski bends to R bends like those in the pic, because of the uncomfortable angle they put my wrists in. I much prefer a flatter extension like those in the pic. But to each his own.

In fact I have some Vision carbon ski bends to sell if you are interested PM me.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision Tri Max Pro - Ski Bends ? [mattyboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Thanks for the info so far :-)

I will have a better look at my friends bars to determine how the extensions clamp - although I have seen the bike quite lot I have never really paid that much attention to the bars !

The roads around here are quite bumpy and he wants to change to the ski / j bends to feel more secure when on the extensions. His last bike was a road bike with ski bend clip on's so I guess he may also be influenced by familiarity with those.

I will keep in mind your offer but we are in the uk so I guess postage might not be ideal ... :-(

Cheers,

WD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Vision Tri Max Pro - Ski Bends ? [WD Pro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They look like the semi integrated bats which might not take separate extensions, my old Vision bars were like that (Vision Trimax Team SI I think). Should be easy to tell, they will be moulded in vs clamped.

Full New set of bars then. I picked up some 2nd hand Felt Devox Bayonet which were a right find and are as fast as shit. I needed low pad stack.. looks like your friend might do to.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision Tri Max Pro - Ski Bends ? [mattyboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM Sent
Quote Reply