Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Vittoria Corsa Speed [geauxTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here. I've got the Corsa Speed with Vittoria latex tubes on Knight 95s working just fine for me with two races underneath them, one of which was on some fairly choppy roads. I have absolutely zero complaints about this setup, other than how much of a pain in the ass it was to get the tires on the wheel. I haven't punctured or flatted yet, and I was definitely careful to install the tubes (install, check the bead all the way around both sides to make sure I don't see any pink. inflate to 20, deflate, check. 40, deflate check, 60, deflate check. 90, good to go) and the amount of free speed from this setup versus butyl tubes with Bontrager R4 Aero or Conti TTs is noticeable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
could you provide some feedback in regards to why you decide to use them with latex tubes as oppose to run them tubeless?

My understanding is that those HED wheels are tubeless ready, right?

Also welcome any feedback from others about the reason it might be better to run the Vittoria Corsa Speed with latex tubes and not tubeless.
Quote Reply
Re: Vittoria Corsa Speed [pabloarc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't currently have any spare tubeless valves that would work with those wheels, but I have plenty of latex tubes lying around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any reason you didn't go tubeless with the Corsa Speed on the H3+? I just set up two H3+ as tubeless (albeit with Pro Ones) and they were crazy easy to set up and seal - even easier than my Aeolus TLRs.

Edit: Oops already asked and answered when I got to page two of the thread. Leaving post up as a comment on easy it was to set up the H3+ as tubeless.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Last edited by: refthimos: May 11, 17 13:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do you know which type of tubeless valves would be required for HED wheels? interested as I'm planning to use Vittoria Corsa Speed soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If (or when) I set them up tubeless, I'll most likely go with the Silca tubeless valves as they have one long enough for the H3+.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What do you mean by "type" of tubeless valve?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pabloarc wrote:
do you know which type of tubeless valves would be required for HED wheels? interested as I'm planning to use Vittoria Corsa Speed soon.

If you're talking about HED Jet, I'd go with Silca because the little "Speed Shield" acts as a load-spreader on the carbon fairing for when you tighten the stem nut down. Otherwise you're grinding a nut directly on the fairing.
Quote Reply
Re: Vittoria Corsa Speed [sooners175] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
about to mount one to a renn disc. How did you find getting the air in thru the crack pipe?

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: Vittoria Corsa Speed [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use one of these .They thread on to the stem so you can actually pump with both hands.
Last edited by: sooners175: May 11, 17 16:11
Quote Reply
Re: Vittoria Corsa Speed [sooners175] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody want to split a pair of 80mm Silca valves and a pair of whatever length a disc would use?
Quote Reply
Re: Vittoria Corsa Speed [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MarkyV wrote:
about to mount one to a renn disc. How did you find getting the air in thru the crack pipe?

Let us know how that goes. I also have a Renn 555. Thanks.

Michael
Quote Reply

Prev Next