Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Suunto Spartan or Garmin Fenix 5
Quote | Reply
I'd like to buy a new watche, but I don't know whitch to buy. For triathlon, hiking and climb. I'm looking for a Garmin fenix 5 or Forerunner 735XT and Suunto Spartan.
Quote Reply
Re: Suunto Spartan or Garmin Fenix 5 [vervloet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you can wait, you may want to. Garmin just sent me a 935 to review, and it's basically identical to the Fenix 5 except in a lighter weight package that, IMO, makes it better as a triathlon watch. The guts are identical - same battery life, same screen size, same barometric altimeter, etc - between the 935 and the Fenix 5. The 935 just has a lighter weight casing and more slender strap.

Coming from a Fenix 3 to a 935, I'm really much happier with the 935. The lighter weight is just really nice.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 735xt doesn't have a barometric altimeter. For that reason alone I'd take it off your list.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heaps of discussions in the Garmin Forum
https://forums.garmin.com/...y.php?631-fenix-5-5S
https://forums.garmin.com/...lay.php?632-fenix-5X

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Last edited by: PhilipShambrook: May 7, 17 15:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would read DC Rainmaker's reviews of the watches you're considering; he goes into great detail. IIRC, the Suunto Spartan is not quite ready for prime time, although they may have updated the software by now.

Quote | Reply
Suunto spartan and Garmin Fênix, which' s better ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Read the information. Read the reviews. Read people's opinions. Make up you mind.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From reading reviews, DCRainmaker, Spartan not up to par. I have the 5x. I am very happy with it. I did a lot of research on them. I mostly do Ultra's now but still swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Spartan was launched a bit (too) early last year in July but the people at Suunto did a great job catching up. I am very happy with the features of my Spartan Ultra, its build quality and appearance. I also like the Movescount web platform a lot.
Which is better depends on what your criteria of judgement are and in that case the ease of use and intuitive interface of Suunto and Movescount has always been the decisive factor for me. Also Suunto's customer service is awsome (I had to rely on it in the past with an Ambit2)!
Sam
Quote Reply
Re: Suunto Spartan or Garmin Fenix 5 [sgy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heard good comments about Suunto either. Should be worth trying.
Quote Reply