Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The purpose of sport. [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As all of you know I speak weird so let me say what is going on in my gord. I love sports. All of them. I love women and men accepting mental and physical challenges in teams and as individuals. It's a magical human thing. I just don't understand why we have to be so fucking tribal about them. Sure love your team. I have teams I love and want to be champions. I love some good natured smack talk. It just seems there can be no joy in sport anymore. Achievements can't just be what they are they have to be this irrational level of purity that no one can agree on.

Nike got some great marathoners together and did an experiment to see how fast a marathon can be ran. Did we celebrate a human running 26.2 miles in just a shade over 2 hours? No! We tore it down. We bitched about rabbits even though rabbits have been used forever. We bitched about drafting even though drafting is used all the time. Don't even get me started on the bullshit false hand wringing about doping. For fuck sakes can't we just enjoy something amazing?

I am going stop now before I go nuts about the bullshit that is US youth sports but man we all want to bitch about everything. Me included.
Quote Reply

Prev Next