Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hemorrhoids update
Quote | Reply
Specifically speaking of the external thrombosed variety. I know this has been discussed before and I know that harassment that will be coming with this post. So just get it all out of your system right away. This is my second go-around with these and I was wondering if anyone has had surgery to deal with them and could offer any advice. Before anyone tells me to eat more fiber please note that I have been 99% vegetarian for the last 18 months and fiber is not the issue ....

So I went to the doctor today. Want to do a procedure to excise the hemorrhoid tomorrow. Feels as though my condition is somewhat being caused by straining during bike rides. What say you
Last edited by: Fishbum: May 8, 17 16:53
Quote Reply
Re: Hemorrhoids. There I said it. [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Minor procedure in office. Put in some freezing make small incision and pop clot out. The clot is what prolongs the problem. It is touchy for the patient to put the freezing in. Sitz baths for a few days after to keep tings clean and sooth the pain.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Hemorrhoids. There I said it. [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last time I had the issue it was very severe and I waited too long to go to the doctors for them to do anything. they opted to just let it heal on its own. but with this reoccurring I'm wondering if there's something I can have done to prevent this from happening again
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been there, had that. Keeping it clean for me was the trick. And the trick for keeping it clean was solved not by sitz bath but by buying one of those removable shower heads. Do your business before shower, take your shower and put the shower head on "ass clean" mode and go to town ;) Keeping a clean bum makes for a comfortable bum!
Quote Reply
Re: Hemorrhoids. There I said it. [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TJ56 wrote:
Been there, had that. Keeping it clean for me was the trick. And the trick for keeping it clean was solved not by sitz bath but by buying one of those removable shower heads. Do your business before shower, take your shower and put the shower head on "ass clean" mode and go to town ;) Keeping a clean bum makes for a comfortable bum!

Surgery????
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, didn't mean to imply I had surgery for hemorrhoids. I was told you don't want to go that route unless it's the last option on the table. Unfortunately I had to have surgery on the opposite side of the body to remove a cancerous prostate. Wish that didn't have to happen but glad to have increased my life expectancy. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
So just get it all out of your system right away.

That is actually one of the best things you can do... :)

Have experienced twice, re: had to do see a doc and go under the knife. 1st time at age 18. Yep, and my 18yo peers didn't razz the hell out of me or anything like that....at least not for much more than 5-10 yrs.

My best advice would be don't do any squates or powerlifting, and get off the pot immediately; don't prolong things or read the paper (or your phone...ewww).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try the supplement, Bromelain (an enzyme found in pineapple juice). It has worked for a lot of folks, including me!

Larry Lahodny
Owner, Gizmo Socks
Henderson, NV
Quote Reply
Re: Hemorrhoids. There I said it. [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Update
Quote Reply