Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Corsa speed clincher onto old flo
Quote | Reply
Any one had success getting a corsa speed clincher onto an old flo 60/90? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Corsa speed clincher onto old flo [aries33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aries33 wrote:
Any one had success getting a corsa speed clincher onto an old flo 60/90? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

I've got them on my Flo 90 front and disc with latex tubes. I put a 23 on the front and a 25 on the back. I've yet to ride them but they are mounted. It took some effort and tire levers to get them on. When I aired up the tubes I was pretty nervous that I'd pinched one since things were so tight but they're all good.

As some have said they might be real tough to replace a flat during a race but I'm hoping they'll loosen up now that they've been mounted for a few months.
Quote Reply
Re: Corsa speed clincher onto old flo [SwiftRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SwiftRunner wrote:
aries33 wrote:

I've got them on my Flo 90 front and disc with latex tubes. I put a 23 on the front and a 25 on the back.
AFAIK they only make the Corsa Speed in 23c. Do you maybe have the regular Corsa G tires? Not the same thing, both with regards to Crr and mounting difficulty.
Quote Reply
Re: Corsa speed clincher onto old flo [jsk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jsk wrote:
SwiftRunner wrote:
aries33 wrote:

I've got them on my Flo 90 front and disc with latex tubes. I put a 23 on the front and a 25 on the back.
AFAIK they only make the Corsa Speed in 23c. Do you maybe have the regular Corsa G tires? Not the same thing, both with regards to Crr and mounting difficulty.

Yup, you're right. I have the G's, not the speed. But those weren't easy to get on either. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Corsa speed clincher onto old flo [SwiftRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't get them on to the flo rims and now my thumbs are killing me. Off to the lbs feeling defeated. Hopefully someone there is either stronger or smarter than me.....chances are, they're both.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone suggested putting the tires in the dryer for a couple minutes to soften them up a bit. Might be worth a try next time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you try using tire levers?
Quote Reply
Re: Corsa speed clincher onto old flo [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I tried levers. The lbs said it was the hardest tire they've ever put on. The young guy working was really disappointed he had to use tools. Apparently, it ruined his perfect record and the other employees were giving him a pretty good ribbing. Worth the visit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aries33 wrote:
Yes I tried levers. The lbs said it was the hardest tire they've ever put on. The young guy working was really disappointed he had to use tools. Apparently, it ruined his perfect record and the other employees were giving him a pretty good ribbing. Worth the visit.

Are you using these as tubeless or with tubes? If with tubes, how do you expect to change a flat if you can't get the tire off or back on again?
Quote Reply
Re: Corsa speed clincher onto old flo [Nolegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's my worry too.

My own protip for mounting tight tires - mount them without the tubes and leave them mounted on the wheel overnight. Usually makes mounting them with tubes the next morning tons easier.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Corsa speed clincher onto old flo [Nolegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These were mounted a few days and today I decided to give them another go because your thought has me a little concerned. I took the tires off and tried to remount. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't hard either. I'm confident I could change a tube on the side of the road now that they've stretched out a little bit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aries33 wrote:

I must have plugged the Kool Stop Tire Bed Jack 10x since visiting the wind tunnel with the Corsa Speed and HED JET+ Blacks. Just be thankful your rims are smooth aluminum instead of the serrated nature of the turbine brack track of the HED JET+ Black. Anyway, the tool is an absolute must. Even if you are a tire mounting pro you might as well save the fingers.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Corsa speed clincher onto old flo [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What Thomas said, x100
Quote Reply