Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Armstrong's Mtn Bike in the Old Pueblo race. What is it?
Quote | Reply
What is this bike? Also what fork is that?
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong's Mtn Bike in the Old Pueblo race. What is it? [XXXXXXX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He actually talked about the bike when he was on Howard Stern a month or two ago when Howard asked him what bikes he currently rides. He wouldn't say what it was, just that he had re-painted it and he was keeping that to himself. My guess is that it's not a bike that Mellow Johnny's sells or a bike that he has ever endorsed in the past.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong's Mtn Bike in the Old Pueblo race. What is it? [XXXXXXX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks to me like an Specialized Epic Hardtail with a RockShox RS-1 Fork
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fork looks like the Rockshox RS-1

https://www.sram.com/...kf2xeilw862lhbixbh80
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong's Mtn Bike in the Old Pueblo race. What is it? [rlh212] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Specialized was also my first guess as it looks like the front of the bike has a Specialized "S" on the head tube.
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong's Mtn Bike in the Old Pueblo race. What is it? [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That the WEDU symbol. Its custom painted for sure.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably not a Trek!
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong's Mtn Bike in the Old Pueblo race. What is it? [rlh212] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks! I am so behind the times I didnt know that Rock Shock made the "reverse" front shock. Now I kinda want one...pricey tho
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My bet is it is the new Epic Hardtail.

That bike is crazy light.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think it is the epic hardtail for 3 reasons:

1. No internal rear brake hose routing
2. There is a small bend in the seat tube that is not present on the epic
3. No little bumpers on the downtube from where the fork crown can impact the frame (this one is softer, those bumpers are removable)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think thats a niner air 9
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong's Mtn Bike in the Old Pueblo race. What is it? [dayvic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dayvic wrote:

My vote as well.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Armstrong's Mtn Bike in the Old Pueblo race. What is it? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
dayvic wrote:

My vote as well.

Was just about to post the same thing. The seattube bend, the downtube curve just forward of the BB and the downtube/headtube gusset give it away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
XXXXXXX wrote:
What is this bike? Also what fork is that?

it's a sweet looking bike. Here's a comparison with the inner air 9 with the same RS inverted fork:
http://reviews.mtbr.com/2017-niner-air-9-rdo

Quote Reply