Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 920xt Data Field Question
Quote | Reply
Hey all, posted this over on Garmin's forum and got nothing but total crickets in reply, so I thought I'd ask here. Does anyone know if you can customize the data fields in Running Target mode? Basically, I'd like to be running a target pace/distance (ie 10 miles at a 8min pace), and have just one datafield showing on the screen - Time ahead/behind. I can't seem to figure out any way to change the fields, though, in target mode.
Thanks,
Tim

If you work harder you'll go faster
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920xt Data Field Question [timmyc99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go to virtual partner. And set pace at 8......or download a course of ten miles at 8 min pace.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920xt Data Field Question [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahh, genius. Many thanks,

Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920xt Data Field Question [timmyc99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't you go to activity settings>data screens>select a screen> layout and change it to a single data field> Pace fields> and select average pace..... this will show just your average pace for the entire run.
I have mine setup for this, but have a second data field showing my lap pace also, which is the pace of the current mile I'd be on.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920xt Data Field Question [DrunkIrishman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That could work too; the thing that I like about target mode is that it extrapolates the time you're ahead/behind based on the total distance you're planning on running. Thanks to everyone for the input.

Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920xt Data Field Question [DrunkIrishman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DrunkIrishman wrote:
Can't you go to activity settings>data screens>select a screen> layout and change it to a single data field> Pace fields> and select average pace..... this will show just your average pace for the entire run.
I have mine setup for this, but have a second data field showing my lap pace also, which is the pace of the current mile I'd be on.

I do something really similar to that. Average pace and lap pace.
Quote Reply