Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Infinit Nutrition Users [HonestYP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wrap a rubberband around the bottle I keep in my BTS and the cage, nice little insurance policy as I only carry the 2 bottles at 6 scoops each.
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Nutrition Users [rsmoylan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both for IM and HIM I use the same setup:

XLAB torpedo with recommended scoops (try to freeze as much as possible the night before so It's cold by the time I get on the bike)
Back of saddle cages: 1 bottle of Infinit mix (same, frozen as much as possible the night before), plus one bottle of water.

After I'm done, I replenish with Gatorade or whatever they have on course.

One key thing... I've found that the mix is too concentrated and if you refill with water the torpedo and one of the bottles you will get your full intake of Infinit, so I do that on the bike before getting the Gatorade.

No Infinit on the run, live off the course everything (usually more water and coke than anything else)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rsmoylan wrote:
Hey everyone! I am just starting to experiment with Infinit nutrition and did the whole phone consult with them and purchased a custom blend for both the bike and a different one for the run. In the past I would just live off the course with gatorade and gel. How do y'all have your set ups on the bike and how do you carry it for the run? How many bottles on the bike (and do you stop at special needs)? Do you carry a flask or two running for 70.3/140.6 etc? I would like to not stop at special needs if that is possible. So, thanks for any insight.

--
Scott.

For 70.3 (I do not have the time to do fulls, I wish though!), I have 2 bottles on the bike - my mix is at ~260 calories for two scoops, and I put two scoops per bottle. BTA is Infinit, one refill in the back is Infinit and I have one that is just water. I also use about 8-10 saltstick pills depending on duration / temperature. I use only water on run course and 2 gels.

For marathons (!), I use one (cheap) bike bottle filled with Infinit that I carry in my hand. I throw it away at a station when empty, usually around 16km or so and then I live off the tables, or sometimes I'm lucky to have a friend watching on course that is willing to give me a new bottle (usually store bought Gatorade so I don't have to meet the person before race).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Racing only HIM's, but use 2 bottles of 260 calorie Infinit in the BTS cages. Works great. Did lose a bottle at Miami LC Nationals last year on some tracks early in the race (will try the black tape idea in the future!). Haven't tried 3 scoops concentration yet, but might experiment with it in training this year. I use the course fluid on the run.
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Nutrition Users [Chilybil23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chilybil23 wrote:
I wrap a rubberband around the bottle I keep in my BTS and the cage, nice little insurance policy as I only carry the 2 bottles at 6 scoops each.

I should have done this for IM Coz

All bets are off at races that don't use bike bottles but the plastic store bought water bottles. Those I have to store in the back pocket of my de soto tri bibs, they won't stay in the BTS cages ever
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Nutrition Users [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dangle wrote:
While I understand you have a run mix already, Infinit's Napalm has been my ticket for the run portion. No way I'm running competitively while carrying that much extra fluid/weight. One of those small flasks from Hammer can hold several hundred calories worth of Napalm. It stayed very liquid-like instead of being thicker like most gels. I use up to 500-600 calories in a 5oz Hammer Flask and it flows every bit as well as water. For my one IM it was nice having something I knew my stomach would like for the first half of the run. I had another in special needs, but ended up 'living off the course' more than I would have guessed because my stomach felt really good. Napalm has worked well for *most* of my run calories and then grabbing a cup or two of water at most aid stations depending on how hot it was. You get to carry the calories/drink you're used to with very little weight penalty.

After writing all this, I went back to hyperlink Napalm and don't see it anywhere. I knew Tripwire was available, but didn't think it was entirely replacing Napalm. I asked Infinit's customer service and they said it's the "new" Napalm with a much stronger electrolyte flavor. I'll grab some of that as I felt the electrolyte profile could have been stronger. I'll stick with my trusty grape. Tripwire link here.

I know you can't speak for Tripwire, but when you used Napalm, did you need water to wash it down? I have found I really need water to take with gels, but would love something that I don't need water right away. That way I can take my nutrition on MY schedule as opposed to when I hit the aid station timing it out with water.
Quote Reply
Re: Infinit Nutrition Users [TennesseeJed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TennesseeJed wrote:
I know you can't speak for Tripwire, but when you used Napalm, did you need water to wash it down? I have found I really need water to take with gels, but would love something that I don't need water right away. That way I can take my nutrition on MY schedule as opposed to when I hit the aid station timing it out with water.

No need to wash it down, but it should probably be used in conjunction with some water to really get through the gut. I found myself needing to wash down just about any other gel.

I just hit aid stations as I went and usually stuck the the gel flask at certain mileage.
Quote Reply

Prev Next