Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wider rims on an older Cervelo S2?? ....and choices of allow/carbon ~50mm wheelsets?
Quote | Reply
This will end up being a two part thread.

I have been running some older SRAM S60 wheels on an older Cervelo S2 (I think it's ~2010 bike).

SRAM rear hub ended up breaking, no warranty and no replacement parts

I am looking for a new wheelset with pretty much the same charasticics os the S60's (aluminum/carbon, ~50mm)
Question I have is most/all of the wheels choices I have are running newer/wider rims (25mm external). I am currently using Conti 25mm tires and they fit fine (with the older narrow rims), but I could not go any bigger/wider. Switching up to wider rims will that increase the 25mm tires to 26mm++? which I would not be able to run on this frame. Is it ok/recommended to run 23mm tires on the new wide rims? If the wide rims are not going to work on my frame then my next option would be to look for used/older wheelsest with the narrow or standard rim widths.

[/b]
Options I see for wheel choices (new) are (@~$1k):
Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbons/Exalith ~$900/$1,100 1650g
HED Het 6 Plus ~$1,100 1700g
Shimano DA C60 ~$1,200 1850g
Flo 60's $950 1955g
Are all of these going to be pretty much equal/splitting hairs between them? I've been leaning toward either the Mavics or HEDS although I have owed a set of HED's in the past and really wasn't thrilled with how flimsy/delicate the fairing was. Shimano's and Flo's are a bit heavier and can't see adding the weight for no needed reason when there are other similar options for the same price.

Just looking for opinions and suggestions........
Last edited by: MKirk: May 4, 17 9:14
Quote Reply
Re: Wider rims on an older Cervelo S2?? ....and choices of allow/carbon ~50mm wheelsets? [MKirk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sold my Flo 90 rear for my S2 from 2011. Replaced with a 404FC and it fits fine.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply