Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp Tangente RT25 and RT28 Tubeless Tires
Quote | Reply
I came across this today while browsing Zipp's site. Zipp has released 25 and 28mm tubeless tires. I actually do think these could find a spot on my Zipp 30 Course rims for my CX bike during the summer. I did find a few things interesting in the marketing material:

"Zipp’s Tangente Speed RT25 and Tangente Speed RT28 tubeless tires deliver the lowest rolling resistance, best dry and best overall corning grip among major brands, according to testing at an independent lab."

"No tire levers needed or recommended for installation."

http://zipp.com/...y37re09vv9124snbvrtd
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Tangente RT25 and RT28 Tubeless Tires [geauxTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
geauxTT wrote:

Thought for sure that was supposed to be in pink. I don't believe it.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Tangente RT25 and RT28 Tubeless Tires [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davews09 wrote:
geauxTT wrote:

Thought for sure that was supposed to be in pink. I don't believe it.

I was involved in some testing to help choose rubber compounds for these tires. I can't speak to the tubeless aspect, as I was testing them in regular tubed configuration, but Zipp has always been fanatical about the precision spec of both their rims and tires. Especially on the rim side, their goal is to always be exactly at ETRTO specification, which is especially challenging when molding carbon rims because of the natural variance that occurs with composites curing. But I remember when the Firecrest rims first came out, mounting tires on them was way easier. And they've worked to get that same level of precision on their tires.

I have no personal experience with these tires yet, but hopefully that gives some insight into the type of product development process that would lead to Zipp making that claim.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Tangente RT25 and RT28 Tubeless Tires [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be absolutely thrilled if that is the casse, because I'm tired of struggling to get tires on my ENVE 4.5 ARs. What a bitch. But now I wonder if Zipp's claim is more tire+wheel specific. I.e. Would I have the same problem because I'm riding ENVE hoops instead of Zipps?
Quote Reply