Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Fenix 3HR Scarring??
Quote | Reply
Has anyone else experienced scarring from wearing an optical hr? I have worn mine pretty much constantly for the last 8 months or so and now I have a small patch of slightly scarred thin looking skin about the same size as the optical hr protrusion on the watch. Pretty alarmed to see this kind of thing really, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Fenix 3HR Scarring?? [Pb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You must have the strap really cranked down tight....all the time.

I've been wearing my 735XT constantly for about the same length of time you have and don't notice any difference in the skin below the optical sensor.

For what it's worth, I only tighten the strap when exercising. The rest of the time it's comfortably loose on my wrist but still provides a HR reading.

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope.

I've been wearing the Forerunner 235 pretty much 24/7 since mid-December 2015 and no issues at all. Of course, after a workout, there's a small sensor shaped indentation on my wrist because I tighten down the strap a notch or two. But, it fades by the time I'm out of the shower.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Fenix 3HR Scarring?? [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do the exact same, in fact I keep it reasonably loose even on the bike, I just tighten it for the run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same here.

I do move the watch around a bit through out the day. I feel like this allows my wrist to breath a bit and for any damp areas to dry out.

I only take the watch off every week or so for charging, otherwise it is on my wrist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope for me also. Been wearing a Vivoactive HR for 5 months.

Only tighten when working out and wash it every time I break some sort of sweat (major) from either working out or chores.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Fenix 3HR Scarring?? [SBRinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I only take the watch off every week or so for charging, otherwise it is on my wrist.

The only time it's off my wrist is when I'm in the shower* (don't like wearing a watch or rings in shower). I throw it on the charger of 10-15 mins for shower and getting dressed and this keeps it topped off at 90+% all the time.

* There are certain times though when my wife insists that I don't need to be measuring HR and insists that I take it off.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Fenix 3HR Scarring?? [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
... * There are certain times though when my wife insists that I don't need to be measuring HR and insists that I take it off.

I leave mine on and show my husband my HR spikes ;)

Try not to drown / rock the bike / hobby-jog
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Fenix 3HR Scarring?? [DirtyGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I leave mine on and show my husband my HR spikes ;)

Lucky guy!
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Fenix 3HR Scarring?? [DirtyGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hard to fake it then!

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same thing with the first version of the Fitbit HR. The sensor was quite a bit larger then, but the scarring eventually went away. Haven't had the fenix long enough to see the same results, but hopefully the reduced sensor profile helps.

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply