Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Have you ever written out a bucket list?
Quote | Reply
My daughter has a school assignment requiring her to list out 20 bucket list items, and get a parent to do the same.
This is difficult!
Putting this stuff on paper makes it more real and I find myself questioning how I spend my time
Also, it's too bad the Elle MacPherson fantasy can't go on the list
Quote Reply
Re: Have you ever written out a bucket list? [MLCRISES] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think I could come up with 20 things, plus mine are more general not specific for the most part.

Backpack the AT and in general backpack a lot more...
Travel in Scandinavia, Scotland, Ireland and most of Europe.
Get a house in a nice quiet place in the country with a good bit of land.

Got to go to Iceland recently and I always said I wanted to do that.

I'm just not committed enough to say things are a bucket list item, as if I'd feel like I really missed out if I didn't get to do them. But wouldn't mind cycling a good bit in Europe, going to some Spring classics, see a F1 race in person...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not so much but i have an extensive "to do" list ;)

E.g. visit IOM TT, ride london to magadan, drive the silk route to more mundane learning new skills things.........perhaps that is a bucket list ;)

My biggest problem is how many things i'd really like to do
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, 20 things sounds kind of long for such a list. I can probably come up with 20 different things that I want to do today, but none of them have any mortal significance. I'd like to ride some of the famous TdF stages, and maybe compete in the UTMB, but those are more like ambitions than life goals.

With that said, I'd be interested to see what kids come up with. My daughter turns 11 today, and this past weekend, I was very tempted to ask her what she wants to do with her life. I thought better of it when I realized that I don't even have an answer to that.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Race Ironman Texas

Rock N Roll tour of England

Take my girlfriend to Turkey.

Drive a Ferrari on a track.

Get pilot's license.
Quote Reply
Re: Have you ever written out a bucket list? [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want to do UTMB. I've been there for the start a few times and in bad weather it would just be miserable
Quote Reply
Re: Have you ever written out a bucket list? [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very true.. though when you're running 100+ miles over mountain terrain, misery is really an inevitability. The experience would still be worth it!

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hate it when teachers expect parents to complete part of their child's homework assignments. I'm happy to help my kids with their homework but don't assign me anything or take away points from my kids if I don't do it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've tried but it is really hard, and very fluid, the only think that I can think of on the original list that is still on the list in my head is to visit (not just drive through but spend a night or go for a hike) in every National park in Canada. I have a list and I am keeping track of that on, but I have a long way to go still.

Ben
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tell your daughter's teacher that a bucket list is for old people (a list of things to do before you kick the bucket).

I know, I'm being the bad guy but the whole idea around a bucket list seems morbid to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Have you ever written out a bucket list? [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:
Race Ironman Texas

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Have you ever written out a bucket list? [abies] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My bucket list is constantly changing and there is always something I want to do, but I never write it down, just keep it in my head.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have never written out a bucket list because I do what I want when time permits. I think bucket lists tend to be for many who do not do squat with their lives create them just to fantasize about something or nothing. Most of what I hope to do in my remaining day are travel related more so than physical activities.

Quote | Reply
Go for it! Put items on that bucket list that will teach the teacher not to ever do that again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Buy a bigger bucket
Quote Reply
Re: Have you ever written out a bucket list? [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
I hate it when teachers expect parents to complete part of their child's homework assignments. I'm happy to help my kids with their homework but don't assign me anything or take away points from my kids if I don't do it.

I know, it always pisses me off to try and get parents involved with their kids education. Do you even know how this is going to be scored? Don't you think there will be a lot of kids whose parents won't even know they had homework? Did the teacher give an explanation as to the goal of the assignment?

Kudos to you if you're involved but unfortunately you would be the exception and not the rule.

Do you have kids and if so, what grade?

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Take a dump in the White House.

2. 2 chicks at once.

3. Hook up with a midget girl.

4. Mile high club.

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Re: Have you ever written out a bucket list? [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lunchbox wrote:

2. 2 chicks at once.

4. Mile high club.

Half way there on that list
Quote Reply
Re: Have you ever written out a bucket list? [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:

There is a tie in with the fathers daughters thread here

It seems that sharing your dreams and aspirations with your children can have a profound and positive impact on your relationship
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MLCRISES wrote:
lunchbox wrote:

2. 2 chicks at once.

4. Mile high club.

So try it again with a spin, bang two midgets on a flight to Washington.
Quote Reply
Re: Have you ever written out a bucket list? [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blumpkin by 2 midgets o a White House terlet

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did this as a teen. my parents frames it for me and it still hangs on their wall. it's a really great exercise, I think.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Have you ever written out a bucket list? [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mv2005 wrote:
MLCRISES wrote:
lunchbox wrote:

2. 2 chicks at once.

4. Mile high club.

So try it again with a spin, bang two midgets on a flight to Washington.

Seeing as how riding on a private jet actually is on my list, I could check off 5 items by doing it all on Air Force One (that's close enough to the White House for me).
Quote Reply
Re: Have you ever written out a bucket list? [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
orphious wrote:

I know, it always pisses me off to try and get parents involved with their kids education. Do you even know how this is going to be scored? Don't you think there will be a lot of kids whose parents won't even know they had homework? Did the teacher give an explanation as to the goal of the assignment?

Kudos to you if you're involved but unfortunately you would be the exception and not the rule.

Do you have kids and if so, what grade?

Being involved in your kids education is one thing, which I am. It is totally another for teachers to assign things for the parents to do. Would I do the list? Sure, because well, its my kids. But I disagree with the part of the teacher telling the kids to get their parents to make the list. In other words I would do it but out of obligation to my kid. Just don't make the kids assignments, my assignments.

I have 3. Ages 10, 13 and 15
Quote Reply